Determination stat sudden plummet!

Apologies I wasn't sure what sub-forum to put this in as I don't think it's got much to do with training.

I've got this regen who's gonna be an absolute world beater. When I signed him at age 17 his determination stat was 20, now at 19 years old it's gone down to 15. I'm training him with a high intensity for everything apart from defending which is light. I try fining him and criticising his performances when occasionally brings about a brief rise before another drop which is always imminent. At this rate by the time he's 25 he's gonna have a determination stat of under 5. I'm playing on latest update but started the game on the one before.

Can anyone explain what is happening? Is it a bug? Or does the guy have some declining motivational issues? He's also getting good tutoring. How do I get this stat back up?

Here's the problem. All his other stats are improving rapidly, which I believe shows determination to improve in the first place

picture8ok.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

picture9jp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There you go. When you have a player tutored he likely will "copy" some mental stats from the tutor. These are hidden stats like professionalism but also determination.

So before you start tutoring a player you need to compare the determination and personality (coach report) between tutor and the tutored player. If a player has e.g low determination and a balanced personality he'll be a lousy tutor (even if he's a world beater in everything else).

great, i will give him a go with a more determined character. but i must add he's been dropping determination for ages before he was being tutored by his current tutor. i can't remember who his previous tutors were but it may be the same reason that he's been losing this before

Remember to look at personalities before tutoring! The more professional a tutor is the better. Look for: Perfectionist, Resolute, Spirited as well as the ones where Professional is a part of the description. If their media handling is Evasive and/or Reserved they a likely to be a good tutor as well.

Yeah, so if Rooney had been tutoured by somebody who was not has determined as himself when he was younger. He would have totally let his determination drop to whatever that person's was, and changed his attitude towards making it as a top footballer, and he would never have been as determined as what he his today.

So realistic.

Yeah, so if Rooney had been tutoured by somebody who was not has determined as himself when he was younger. He would have totally let his determination drop to whatever that person's was, and changed his attitude towards making it as a top footballer, and he would never have been as determined as what he his today.

So realistic.

Maybe he would. Or maybe Rooney and his tutor just wouldn't hit it off and Rooney wouldn't have changed at all. Or maybe Rooney didn't need a tutor as he from an early age has shown great determination and professionalism (speaking in FM terms)... The world isn't black and white, you know...

As a manager your suppose to spot who needs that bit of help to reach the top and who is able to reach that off their own back, with Rooney's mentality you prob wouldnt need him to work closely with another player, just hone his skills on the training pitch. Not every single players needs a tutor, and not everyone will benefit from the experience.

Anyway like i say this player in the op will be fine, 15 is more than enough, anything above that is just a great advantage, with his attributes he will be a top player.

ok my boy boyer improved well with regards to his other stats whilst being tutored by the resolute graziano faccini (world beater regen) which shows a bit of internal inconsistency me thinks. if you are improving well it shows in itself a good determination and motivation to get better. it seems strange that he would get better but his determination would flat out drop. when the tutoring finished it said that he had benefitted well from the tutoring. he also has the positive player relationship 'feels he works well with faccini'. his new tutor has determination 20 and is driven. i hope for this to bump him up again. i'm also gonna slate him for anything less than a 6.9. tough love my virtual friend

You dont become a worse player just because your determination maybe drops, not every single player out there has 20 for determination. If he has gained other important mental stats and that is only thing that has dropped i would say its been a success.

Maybe he would. Or maybe Rooney and his tutor just wouldn't hit it off and Rooney wouldn't have changed at all. Or maybe Rooney didn't need a tutor as he from an early age has shown great determination and professionalism (speaking in FM terms)... The world isn't black and white, you know...

Or maybe the tutoring mechanism in the game is gamey and bogus. Instead of having individual tutoring, it would be far better to have indirect squad tutoring where older experienced players influence younger ones. It would also discourage unrealistic things like having an entire first team of under 23s.

Or maybe the tutoring mechanism in the game is gamey and bogus. Instead of having individual tutoring, it would be far better to have indirect squad tutoring where older experienced players influence younger ones. It would also discourage unrealistic things like having an entire first team of under 23s.

thats actually a really good idea. it would be far more realistic. and if they fixed the player decline in there late 20s early 30s i would keep my older players

Archived