What does it take to become a club legend?

As the manager I am already listed as a club legend at Dinamo Minsk. I think my club captain and best player should also be there but he is only shown as favoured personel. He arrived from Argentina 8 seasons ago for a then club record £2.1m. Since then he has gone on to become all time goal scorer for the club and an intergral part of our set up. He even took up Belarusian nationality recently so he could play for the national team. He is a great player who some of Europes elite have been watching but remained faithful to the club and never requested a transfer. Surely he should be classed as a legend too.

The Player

Club Legend status is always hard to reach, even with a manager never mind a player. It's one of those minor problems in the game that is a two second job to fix. However your players age may be a factor, being declared a legend at the age of 25 is a bit of a push despite the talent of players in real life such as Messi.

I had one of my players in FM11 become a legend at the age of 24... but then the season after he dropped to icon?! I thought once you reach anything above favoured personnel you stay there forever... Unless you leave on bad terms...

But he's still here and one of my best players.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302418-Free-Kick-goals

My captain got it after being top scorer and best player in the champions league after already being an icon for a couple of years. He also got a few club and league records that season. I think this is the only legend player I have had despite other great players in other saves. I think club record scorers and appearances record holders and perhaps even some captains who have led clubs to success should always be club legends.

At the moment there are three legend players who I have brought through at Zwolle before leaving. One of them is a striker, another is a midfielder and a third is a centre-back. The striker is the club record league goalscorer. However the goalkeeper was an ever-present for about 10 seasons and is not even favoured personnel when he's just about to break the appearance record. I think that anyone who gets over 500 appearances or scores over 250 goals for a team in the league should always be at least an icon regardless of average rating.

Basically it's a bit random.

I've had a player who was at the club a long time, had a far better scoring record than another player, and while that other player was an icon within a couple of years, and a legend later, despite a mediocre record by comparison, this "better" scorer never even got past favoured. He had a lower CA/PA so that could be why, but he deserved it more than the other "Legend" on virtue of his immense scoring record.

Defenders sometimes struggle to become a legend too, but i find long-serve they eventually can get there.

The only player who I've had as a club legend was my amazing regen defender on FM2012. Signed him at 17 in BSS, he played every game in the next 12 seasons and won 10 club player of the season awards :') Only played a season once we got to the prem as he was not really good enough, but I kept hold of him, using him on occasions and signing him as a coach when he eventually retired.

Archived