Most players brought in a transfer window

Quite embarrassing really. I've brought in over 135 players in one window. See, the thing is, in the lower leagues in England you don't have to pay most of them anything at all except appearance fees so what I did was:

Bought about 60 promising looking youngsters for free. Pay them $10.00 a week (that's $600.00 of my wage budget, oh no!).

Brought in about 60 tutors on non-contracts.

Matched them up as best I could with tutoring.

Then, play 1 zillion friendlies with reserves and u18s to keep them somewhat match fit so their development doesn't stall. Bring in the good youth into the first team and then sell the rest. When a tutor complains about no 1st team time I promised to sell them at the end of the season.

I imagine a dingy warehouse somewhere with tutors and tutees stacked on boxes practicing their preferred moves and chatting about "professionalism" and "determination". Its more of an academy than a team really.

As an experiment it was only "o.k.". Quite a lot of work for what is, in the end, not that great a return. And no, they never complain about team blending or too many players for their positions. I've only seen those be a problem in the 1st team. This isn't the first time I've had a massive U18 squad!

I have 11 new players in the 1st team squad. 9 in the reserves & under 18s bought in the window.

Suprisingly none of my players have complained about to much competition for places. Im having to leave 3 or 4 out of each matchday squad but I do rotate.

I have only played 3 matches in the 2nd season Chelsea away 0-0 Liverpool home 2-2 Everton home 2-0 win. I did however get knocked out of the qualifying stages of the europa league.

I have 11 new players in the 1st team squad. 9 in the reserves & under 18s bought in the window.

Suprisingly none of my players have complained about to much competition for places. Im having to leave 3 or 4 out of each matchday squad but I do rotate.

I have only played 3 matches in the 2nd season Chelsea away 0-0 Liverpool home 2-2 Everton home 2-0 win. I did however get knocked out of the qualifying stages of the europa league.

I bought 60 players once. Younger promising ones were put in the under 18's, ones who were slightly older/better or who weren't just ready for the first team in the reserves, and the rest in the first team. Needless to say I was an unstoppable force, where all my three teams won their respective leagues!

I had a clear out at Sunderland when I took over before. Basically sold off or sacked the u18s and the Reserve team.

I brought in a whole new team for both - with 17 and below for u18s - and 18 - 20 for the reserves; for both:

2 Gk

3 RB

3 LB

4 DC

3 MR

4 MC

3 ML

4 ST

Something like 56 new players.

I was basically replacing the reserves and u18s.

I got some good return from it. I was able to loan out the Reserve players for half their value and 50% of their wages.

Some were good enough to come into the Senior Squad - but still played reserve football most of the time.

I then finished that Season with Sunderland (think I came in January). I did ok with the team. But I sold off most of the first team and replaced them too - with basically a whole new team. I find the best time to do this is in early June. They then have all June, July and most of August to blend.

Moneybags Sunderland!

I often get over 50 players every transfer window for the youth and reserve teams when I'm managing in the lower leagues of England. However I rarely get more than 5 or 6 first team players in a transfer window apart from the first one at the start of the game.

Archived