Declining to "unveil" new signings

I was wondering, does it have any negative effects, or possible negative effects, if you decline to unveil a new signing? The thing is, I only like to unveil those players I think will be involved in the first team. I don't see the point with a youngster who's going straight into the youth team. I've never noticed any ill-effects, but I want to make sure there never could be any.

I decline whenever I have the option, to answer any questions from the media, or attending press conferences. Never noticed any problems with that. I can't be arsed with this media nonsense, and I wish I could have the option to opt out of it completely.

I'm a bit too frightened to completely ignore media interaction, but it is a chore.

The one that grinds my gears the most is when you're when you're playing as rival and you know you'll get a question about whether you're feeling pressure, followed by a question about whether these games add something to the competition followed by a question about players' temperaments. Every time, without fail.

I do them for first team signings. Only negative I've seen is when I sad language can be a problem and J. Dos Santos was unhappy with my comments. Maybe he needs to get real and realise it will be a problem if he can't speak English at a British club.

I always do press conferences because assistant managers have a tendency of saying the wrong thing. I really hope they add more questions because at the moment it's extremely tedious and boring. It's more of a chore than a good feature. I can't see why it's that hard to add at least 40 different questions. You eventually get in a pattern and respond with the same answer for 20 seasons.

It's not just the dullness and monotony of answering the same questions all the time. It's also how poor some of the questions are. I can't take off a player on two goals without being asked if I've cheesed him off. I've never once heard a manager asked about this in real life. The only time I can possibly imagining it coming up is if the player was one goal away from a landmark goal of some kind, or if he's volatile player who might react badly to being taken off on two goals. I'm also always asked who I think will win the league, flat out. Managers are rarely asked this question so directly, and when they do talk on the subject, they give hedged, careful answers. We can't do that. Those are just two examples.

No questions please!!

It will remain tedious, whatever the number of questions and possible answers you have. The only way to not make it tedious, is to make the media AI incredibly intelligent, and being able to answer freely. (Write whatever answer you think is appropriate yourself).

That kind of AI will not be available at an affordable price for quite some time ...

I was wondering, does it have any negative effects, or possible negative effects, if you decline to unveil a new signing? The thing is, I only like to unveil those players I think will be involved in the first team. I don't see the point with a youngster who's going straight into the youth team. I've never noticed any ill-effects, but I want to make sure there never could be any.

I usually dont, never seen any ill effects. Mind you, I htink people overplay the effects of press interactions. The whole module needs work still. Press conferences will by and large tend to be a bit dull, but the questions themselves are pretty poor tbh.

No questions please!!

It will remain tedious, whatever the number of questions and possible answers you have. The only way to not make it tedious, is to make the media AI incredibly intelligent, and being able to answer freely. (Write whatever answer you think is appropriate yourself).

That kind of AI will not be available at an affordable price for quite some time ...

I'd definitely rather have media interaction in there. I'm one of those people who wants more (much more) questions and answers and better quality questions and answers. I suppose, if enough people would rather not have any media interaction, the only solution is to make it something you can select to have on or off at the start of the game.

I'd definitely rather have media interaction in there. I'm one of those people who wants more (much more) questions and answers and better quality questions and answers. I suppose, if enough people would rather not have any media interaction, the only solution is to make it something you can select to have on or off at the start of the game.

I would rather have it too - if it could be done properly. What I am saying is that as long as you have a preset of questions and answers (no matter how many), it will never be anything else but tedious and boring, and very far from "realistic". And therefore a waste of time and space, in my opinion. So yes, I would very much want an opt-out possibility.

I stay well clear of unveiling players. If you're not familiar with their personality (and sometimes even if you are) the nature of the feature in FM means its a complete lottery as to whether you're going to upset the player or please him.

It's very frustrating to sign an exciting new player and then have him hate you within 5 minutes because you've said something innocuous like "I don't think the fee necessarily dictates the expectations of a player" or something similar.

I think it'd be a start if they went away from the "Strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree" range of answers and had things with different meanings instead.

From the original point, I always decline press conferences where possible, because I never know what's going to upset a player. FM has improved a lot in this way though, but still has a bit of work to go imo.

Prefer if they spent the time fixing/improving the AI in other areas, It's just a few clicks and once you know what the results will be you can just skim through it.

I'm sure quite a few managers would like the press conferences removed IRL as well :lol:

I only ever unveil big signings (Ones that cost about £25m or more in the Prem, and it varies with teams in lower divisions depending on how much impact the player is likely to have on my squad), because that's how it generally is in real life. You don't see a club unveiling every single player they ever sign, and if you do, I've never noticed this.

I decline whenever I have the option, to answer any questions from the media, or attending press conferences. Never noticed any problems with that. I can't be arsed with this media nonsense, and I wish I could have the option to opt out of it completely.

whs

I just find all the media interaction boring. Same questions game in game out, I just leave it all up to the assman now.

Archived