Does being a player/coach impact performance?

I have a good experienced striker who has recently received staff attributes. He's retiring at the end of the season (though I'll ask him to reconsider) but he's still one of my top strikers. His staff attributes would make him one of my best coaches though. He's 4 stars in a few categories and being a lower league side I'm still mostly around 3 and a half stars for every category. So I was thinking of offering him a contract to be a player/coach for a season or two. What I want to know is would this affect his performances in any way? Perhaps since he's a coach he'll have less time to train and it'll impact him? Does the game realise this or does it just count him as a separate coach and player?

I play lower league mostly and like to use player coaches when possible to minimise costs, I haven't noticed an impact on player performances.

Have to agree- I have always used player/coaches in the lower leagues; you almost have to. Never noticed that they played any worse for it. I've had players that became coaches and I signed them on as player/coaches and never saw their performances drop.

Archived