Unhappy at amount of rivals playing in my position

I signed Mesut Ozil who is a natural AMC, all of a sudden I get two messages one from Lee Cattermole who is my DMC but can play at MC and the other from Richardson who plays at LB or is back up at AML. They are both unhappy with the amount of rivals for their position. I might be missing it somehow but why is there no option to let the player know that the new signing doesn't even play in their position. Better still why can't I tell Cattermole if he really thinks that Ozil is a rival player then he needs to reassess his abilities as a footballer because it's a certainty that Cattermole will not be my starting AMC and I am certain that Ozil will not be playing at DMC where Cattermole has played all of his 53 games for my team.

Have you ever noticed how much Mesut Ozil looks like a pufferfish?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/OzilSLALa-500x201.jpg

Anyway, I can't believe this still hasn't been addressed after so many versions of the game. Players should recognize their position as being where they have mostly been played over the last 6-12 months. It still wouldn't solve the problem completely, but it would stop ridiculous things such as Cattermole and Richardson thinking they're being replaced by Ozil.

That reason for unhappiness is so stupid. Ruins so many of my potential squads. I play a 5 man midfield. I usually have 1 ballwinner/anchor man type either at MC or DMC then 2 wingers/IFs and an AMC/T and playmaking MC. Problem I have is that for the four attacking positions players can often play all of them. When you have depth (2 at each position) often 4-5 players can have the same favorite position even if I buy them to play somewhere else. AMC seems to be the common even though they can usually play on at least one wing too. So when I sign quite a few quality players for my IF/W/AMC/T roles I end up with at least one complaining and ruining my plans even though they are definitely going to be part of my team as I play with high pressing and therefore have to rotate players often. Really wish there was a way of explaining to players that they are one of two players in their position and are definitely going to be starting lots of games.

It's possible to talk to players if they are unhappy about various things, and often quite easy to make them happy again. But, for some reason, you can't do it for this. It's annoying.

It can be a problem when you play 3 CMs, so have 6 CMs for backup/rotation.

You should have just said, "you are in my first team plans". Then if you keep playing them in their normal position they will be fine about it.

Archived