Come and get me plea - Need to answer properly

bendm.jpg

I had Bendtner on loan for the first season as Sunderland manager, he scored 17 goals in 24 matches with 10 assists and an average of 7.44. I tried to sign him permanently but he was too big headed and would not even negotiate a contract. No I might be being spiteful but I wish there was an option to reply to this story through the press. Seems obvious that I should be able to say that Bendtner thought he was too good to sign for this club 3 months a go and his arrogance meant he wouldn't even talk about a contract, so why would I sign him now only 3 months later.

I'm guessing you tried to sign him before the new season's fixtures had been done? I get this a lot, I think it's an issue with when the club rep is altered compared to when the season actually finishes :(

I went for him towards the end of the August transfer window because my main striker was injured and he rejected contract negotiations. I have noticed to issue you talk about so I usually wait a bit before doing my transfers.

Archived