Teams reject bid at asking price

I've noticed that teams with players 'transfer listed by request', who have then set their asking price, frequently reject bids at that asking price.

These are teams in other leagues so it's not a rivalry issue. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, the player doesn't complain to the press about the offer being rejected.

Man City and Tevez. Transfer listed by request, and they werent accepting anything unless it was crazy money - 40million was it?

I do it with my players. Give in to their demand and refuse to sell except for a crazy price. The not complaining part sounds wrong though, they should be bitching up a storm.

I think you are missing what I am saying. I'm not saying I'm bidding at their VALUE. I'm bidding at that asking price picked by the club (which is higher than their value). So for example, a player valued at 2.8M, the club is asking for 5M. I bid 5M, they reject.

I think you are missing what I am saying. I'm not saying I'm bidding at their VALUE. I'm bidding at that asking price picked by the club (which is higher than their value). So for example, a player valued at 2.8M, the club is asking for 5M. I bid 5M, they reject.

Is it in installments? This or other clauses could be the only issue I can think of.

My assumption is that they were forced into transfer listing a player they want to keep, so have to set a lower asking price to avoid upsetting the player further. But as they don't want to sell, they will hold out for more.

I would agree that it should be displayed better, I can think of situations were the asking price is rejected (rivals, title contenders etc) but generally the asking price should be the amount they would sell the player for.

Don't you think rejecting an offer matching an asking price upsets a player more than setting the asking price as high in the first place? I understand rejecting offers from rivals, teams playing in same league etc. I was in a different league, approx 1500 miles from Sunderland. Not too much in the way of rivalry there.

Don't you think rejecting an offer matching an asking price upsets a player more than setting the asking price as high in the first place? I understand rejecting offers from rivals, teams playing in same league etc. I was in a different league, approx 1500 miles from Sunderland. Not too much in the way of rivalry there.

Yes, I think your example shows something is wrong like I said.

What's your relationship like with that player's manager? If it is poor or you have criticised him in the past then that could be the reason. Try praising the player or saying you will do everything to sign him and then make an offer if you get a positive response out of him. He may just start to kick up a stink then!

As mentioned before it could just be a random price the club puts up. As he has requested a transfer, the club really don't want to sell him so they increase the price when ever they get an offer. Maybe because he has put in a transfer request, the 'asking price' is more of a 'negotiating price', the amount needed to enter negotiations. Whereas, a player transfer listed the asking price is what they want, so they can get rid of him.

If AI clubs get an offer accepted at the 'asking price' then you know something is wrong.

Sorry but thats a load of crap. On every previous FM if a player is transfer listed the asking price is exactly that. It shouldn't be a negotiating price as you put it. If they want £14m list him at that price, shouldn't matter if he requested a transfer or not. They have the option to refuse his transfer request. It's obviously an error within the game. Wouldn't go so far as to label it a bug but something is definitely wrong if they are setting an asking price then requesting 4x that amount on any enquiries

• 1 month later...

As far as I know it is a bug that the asking price shown on the transfer screen is initially set/displayed at the wrong value. I had Ajax offer me their unsettled goalkeeper for £40m and I looked at the asking price and it was set at £3.9m, they rejected my offers up to £10m and I gave up. After a week or so the right price of £40m was shown on transfer screen. So they had meant to transfer listed him by request at £40m, but for some reason the game displayed/set the price at the wrong value initially.

Archived