This must be how Arsene feels

Im playing a save with Arsenal as I had never gone them before and just fancied a wee change,, their strong youth policy / team was what tempted me tbh.

I have also decided NOT to use any what I consider "cheats",,, so NO re-loading and replaying ANY games ,, even when its a lg decider and I get a penalty against me in the last min or my best star player gets crocked early on lol.

NO use of any scout aid programs and I havent downloaded ANY custom tactics or training schedules,, everything my own.

So first season I win the lg cup and come 3rd in the EPL,, lost FA cup early on when i think I got too cocky and played too many youngsters against a team I thought I'd beat easy.

2nd Season,, Both Cups , Just missed out in the title on the last day when I lost a late goal and got a draw, when all i needed was a win,,, I also won the Champions lg ,, so a good season all in all.

Then 3rd and 4th BLANK !!!!!!,, I keep losing the lg on the dam last day of the season too !!!! ,,, I dont know if it because I have a really young squad and they just bottle it ,, or im doing something wrong ?? ,, But they have won everything except the one thing I want to win the most in the league title !!!!!

It could be also be that these last 2 seasons have been the ones I have phased out some of the original key players , the likes of Van Persie , Sagna , Arshavin , Chamak , all moved on.

Think i will give it one more season,, as I have just had a Board Take Over and im curious to see how the new owner helps or dosent ,, my young guns should also be a year wiser, so ,, hers hopin.

Curious if anyone else having a similar issue with trying to win with youth ,,esp in the EPL against the likes of Man Unt and Man City ????

Could well be down to the youth in the squad... having a similar kind of issue with my West Ham side sitting pretty in the top 3/4 all season, flirting with a title challenge before slipping down a bit towards the end and landing at best in the Europa League. Best bet is trying to balance the squad a little with a couple of experienced heads among the kids and have a couple of strong personalities on the pitch. Also worth watching matches on full where it starts going wrong, if a certain player or players are getting nervous and making mistakes there's more chance of remedying it if you see everything that's going on rather than just the highlights.

I had a similar issue in winning the Serie A. Played with Fiorentina and tried to implement "the Arsenal system". I only had few older players to tutor my youngsters, and it took me 5 years to win the first title.

1st season: 2nd

2nd season: 2nd

3rd season: 3rd

4th season: 2nd

5th season 1st.

I managed to win the Coppa Italia prior to winning the league. But every season I was leading (except for the season I finished 3rd) almost to the end. I think that two seasons I lost the league in the second last game and one season in the last game. I think that it has definitely something to do with the age of the squad.

Im playing a save with Arsenal as I had never gone them before and just fancied a wee change,, their strong youth policy / team was what tempted me tbh.

I have also decided NOT to use any what I consider "cheats",,, so NO re-loading and replaying ANY games ,, even when its a lg decider and I get a penalty against me in the last min or my best star player gets crocked early on lol.

NO use of any scout aid programs and I havent downloaded ANY custom tactics or training schedules,, everything my own.

So first season I win the lg cup and come 3rd in the EPL,, lost FA cup early on when i think I got too cocky and played too many youngsters against a team I thought I'd beat easy.

2nd Season,, Both Cups , Just missed out in the title on the last day when I lost a late goal and got a draw, when all i needed was a win,,, I also won the Champions lg ,, so a good season all in all.

Then 3rd and 4th BLANK !!!!!!,, I keep losing the lg on the dam last day of the season too !!!! ,,, I dont know if it because I have a really young squad and they just bottle it ,, or im doing something wrong ?? ,, But they have won everything except the one thing I want to win the most in the league title !!!!!

It could be also be that these last 2 seasons have been the ones I have phased out some of the original key players , the likes of Van Persie , Sagna , Arshavin , Chamak , all moved on.

Think i will give it one more season,, as I have just had a Board Take Over and im curious to see how the new owner helps or dosent ,, my young guns should also be a year wiser, so ,, hers hopin.

Curious if anyone else having a similar issue with trying to win with youth ,,esp in the EPL against the likes of Man Unt and Man City ????

So, do you normally do those things, if so why? Where is the fun in downloading tactics and not developing your own? Where is the sense of achievement in reloading if you don't get the desired result? Never understand people that just want to win at all costs. You need the lows to appreciate the highs imo

The starting squad of Arsenal are high in Injury Proneness and low in Big Matches/Pressure. The ten last matches of the season will thus see them become very nervous and/or complacent, making it very difficult to win the league with that squad. Injuries will also make it difficult the rest of the season. Basically they are "set up" to not win the league because in real life, they don't for precisely those reasons.

Tip: replace the squad.

Shybaldbuddhist, it's a game and people play it their own way. If they want to 'cheat' then that's their way. Personally I don't but he pays his money so he makes his choice! Trueblue, you need experience and fitness if you are conceeding late goals. Maybe replacing those players that are around or below 70% fitness at 60 or 70 mins in the game and/or bringing on older players late on.

Personally I have a similar problem in that I just can't win European Cups (won everything else!) and it irks me that people get Torquay (for instance) to win them and I couldn't with Rangers or Man Utd!

I must admit, the opening few lines do make it sound like the guy thinks no reloading (even in a title decider) is a radical approach. I found this a little amusing.

Of course, I don't care how people choose to play the game they've purchased and Carbs is right that it's entirely up to them. But, as I said, it did seem a little amusing, the way it was worded.

Just to clear things up,, I dont do any of them things and never have,, the reason I mentioned them was merely to put off the replys from the usual " I have won everything with my Arsenal side beating everyone and winning the champ lg final 10- 0 ",,, you see em all the time in the team threads and I know a few who do use the lkes of G Scout etc and the excuses they come out with for reloading etc are like the ones I just gave,, cant be bothered wae em and totally agree with all said above,,,but when they come on your post ,,all they do is try to make you feel like your doing something wrong not winning everything right away like them,,,,, so a wiz actually havin a wee dig there.

To get back on topic tho,,,, BiggusD mention above about Injury Proness and Big Match / Pressure,, , just wondering how you judge this mate,, for injurys I usually go be their natural fitness stat,, and for the likeness of pressure / big match -- I get fm their report card,, but here as an eg. on one of my players that nearly always seem to start playing nervous in the latter stages of the season in crucial games,, is Marek Hamsik ,,, yet his determination is 13/14,, his influence is 17,, and according to the report card apparently relishes the "big games" but like I said he is always the first to get nervous ???? so figure that ??

With young teams this is always going to be a problem, there's a reason I try and get players like Steven Defour and Jelle Vossen in my team even though there are other guys with more "talent" the sheer mentals of these guys can give your performance a big boost when the rest of your team is on the inexperienced side.

With young teams this is always going to be a problem, there's a reason I try and get players like Steven Defour and Jelle Vossen in my team even though there are other guys with more "talent" the sheer mentals of these guys can give your performance a big boost when the rest of your team is on the inexperienced side.

No enough of an issue as far as I'm concerned. It is still too easy to dominate a strong league with an average age below 21. I have won the league before with my oldest player being 23 and that is just plain wrong. Even the best youngsters should take a few years to really reach that level of performance. Very few players are world beaters by the time they are 19 in real life(with obvious exceptions) but with the right scouting and development (and a bit of cash) you can have a team of these in a few years.

I still find myself selling anyone approaching 30 as a youngster will easily fill his boots despite the fact he may be a player with huge experience who should offer more to the mental strength of a squad than they currently do.

Archived