Do Club Takeovers Only Happen When The Chairmans Status is 'Willing to Listen to Offers'

Chairman status have several levels:

- Loves the club

- Enjoying life at the club

- Happy to stay

- Looking to leave

- Willing to listen to offers

- In the process of a board takeover

Usually they "start" at the loves the club, and along the years decrease to the "willing to listen to offers". When they reach that level, afew weeks laters a takeover will occur.

Playing with Fleetwood in 2014, sat midtable in League 1, losing around £150k p/m Think I'm around £1.5m in the red yet the board have still allowed me £190k to spend and £6k on wages. Not touched too much of it though (£40k on 1 player). I find it very hard to sell players on to make a profit as well, Interest in players very low.

You need a cup run and some lucrative summer friendlies. If you can sell someone then do and replace with a short term loanee. As it is only 2014 and the chairman still loves the club it could still be years until a takeover.

I have never really thought about this but having a takeover bid out of nowhere would be a good addition. A chairman with 'Loves the Club' gets an offer from a consortium/tycoon and he can either accept or take the offer, instead of waiting for a chairman to eventually get sick of owning the club. The news items could have a lot more build up with more information about the possible investors eg. Russian oil tycoon, or English consortium led by XXXXXX who currently own XXXXXXX Ltd, etc.

takeovers out of nowhere happen. my chairman in my basingstoke save was happy to stay at the club and suddenly get a takeover message saying about rumours of a foreign takeover. this happen 3 months later and i have a sugardaddy chairman. ad you do get some information on wether its a fans group, mystery tycoon, director, formaer player etc thats enough for me

Playing with Fleetwood in 2014, sat midtable in League 1, losing around £150k p/m Think I'm around £1.5m in the red yet the board have still allowed me £190k to spend and £6k on wages. Not touched too much of it though (£40k on 1 player). I find it very hard to sell players on to make a profit as well, Interest in players very low.

The board could throw money into the team as well.

Archived