CA ratings and attributes?

My question is really simple, how does attributes and CA really go together? I've been monitoring with a scouting tool to se a specific players CA and compared him to one at similiar PA. Players in question was Gerrard and Barkley. They both had about 180 PA and where at similar CA's at one point. But gerrard was still a much better player in my eyes. Barkley had 20 for stamina and 19 for strenght though, would they eat up so much of his CA that there was no room for any mental points? Just because he can run alot and is quite strong he can't become smarter with age?

My question is really simple, how does attributes and CA really go together? I've been monitoring with a scouting tool to se a specific players CA and compared him to one at similiar PA. Players in question was Gerrard and Barkley. They both had about 180 PA and where at similar CA's at one point. But gerrard was still a much better player in my eyes. Barkley had 20 for stamina and 19 for strenght though, would they eat up so much of his CA that there was no room for any mental points? Just because he can run alot and is quite strong he can't become smarter with age?

That's pretty much correct, it seems. If he's already met his full potential, then there's no theoretical room for improvement, no matter how hard he tries.

Perhaps he never got on well in school? (Except in gym class!)

They are weighted. Getting to 19 and 20 attributes uses a lot of CA. I train my players until they get a 17/18 and then switch to something else. Better to have 3 at 17 than 2 at 20 imo.

I'm not sure if the weighting is public knowledge. Might end up with the best player possible being made though.

Look at Thomas Muller at Bayern Munich. He cant afford much more ever into his technical stats due to the amount spent in the other categories.

Each attribute has a certain weight for each position.

So you can say that having a 10 in pace 'eats' a certain amount of CA points. How many CA points are eaten is different for every attribute in every position. For instance, the finishing attribute eats more CA points for strikers than for defenders and vice versa for marking.

Also, some CA points are also eaten by hidden attributes like professionalism IIRC and also by the weaker foot ability.

And maybe reaching a 19 or 20 costs even more CA points that lower steps. So the CA points eaten might not be linear, as in a 2 in pace costing 2 CA and a 20 costing 20. Maybe a 20 would rather cost 30 or so. But I don't know about that.

For that reason, players with the same CA, even in the same position, will most likely not have the same total of attributes if you simply sum them up. The differences you see are due to the different weights of the different attributes. The player with the lower total is thus likely to have higher values in the more 'expensive' attributes. In the ME both players should have the same value, assuming that you play them to their best abilities and they fit into an otherwise well-working tactic.

hth :)

Archived