FM12 - Average Rating

What is the norm for a player having a good season ?

For example if I am searching a player and the Av Rat is 7.20 would that be good, ok, excellent or poor?

If anyone has extended knowledge on the topic could you show me the answer in this format:

Half Season (January) ... Full Season (June)

7.0+ = Good

6.5- = Average

7.5+ = Excellent

etc....

well it also depends on position....

for example .. in the game... a keeper could pull off 8 key saves and still only get 6.8 rating...

generally.. in my own opinion... 7 is the minimum i look for to my players... if they get below that, they arent doing their jobs....

but this is all relative to the position and each game tbh.... ive had AMC's get low ratings when they've had 8 key passes and 2 assists in a match... so its all about your own judgement based on how they play each match and their individual contribution to each match...

i think the ratings system is flawed on the whole and so i tend not to pay too much attention to it

My entire team had ratings 7.10+ last season with Bradford in PL season 9, including the goalkeepers.

So I would say that for me, a player averaging 7.20 or less would be unimpressive. My best player had 7.69, I think. The reason I get these ratings is that I score so many goals. Around 3 per match on average. What happens when the score is 3-0 and I have possession 55%+ and create 15+ chances is that the entire team gets boosted from roughly 6.9 to 7.2 except the player(s) who scored. The same scenario and only two goals would see most players around 6.7-7.0. In other words, it depends on your tactic and the quality of your team.

The AI rarely score that many goals. Perhaps the biggest clubs in the world, like Real or Barca, but otherwise it is rare to see av.r of AI-controlled players reach 7.0 at all - even when they have really strong players at their disposal. Unless you load leagues in full detail, the scores and av.r figures are also more random/reputation-based than realistic ME-results. So av.r scores from leagues you are not playing in are untrustworthy. In addition, the AI is poor at using its players correctly and will in my experience just cram the highest CA players they can muster into their favourite formation and hope for the best. Hence, looking at AI av.r is a source of massive misinformation unless you know -exactly- what role they were playing in and against whom in his entire career at the current AI-controlled club.

This is why I never look at average ratings of the players I sign. A striker having 5.79 over 40 games scoring 0 goals can come to me and play 8.50 scoring 40 goals in 40 matches (just an example). The important information in addition to the star ratings and attribute distribution are his hidden attributes manifested through hints of Big Matches, Consistency in the report, plus his personality. If it looks like he will suit your tactic and that he is not hampered by some serious hidden flaw, then he will be excellent regardless of his current stats, so my advice is to ignore av.r when you search for players.

well it also depends on position....

for example .. in the game... a keeper could pull off 8 key saves and still only get 6.8 rating...

generally.. in my own opinion... 7 is the minimum i look for to my players... if they get below that, they arent doing their jobs....

but this is all relative to the position and each game tbh.... ive had AMC's get low ratings when they've had 8 key passes and 2 assists in a match... so its all about your own judgement based on how they play each match and their individual contribution to each match...

i think the ratings system is flawed on the whole and so i tend not to pay too much attention to it

yeah, i;ve noticed when watching full match games some of the players that seem to be key aren't always rated as such in the ratings

Archived