His Passing wasnt particularly great, and he wasnt amazing in front of goal.....

I'd watched my left-back clear the ball off of the line three times and he was never beaten by their winger in the highlights that I could see. End score?

Then again, it was Ben Thatcher.....i'd have marked him down too. Mr 'one match suspension' himself.

Sorry i now realise i have made this sound totally wrong!

What i mean is player talks are crap! Cavani scored 2 goals and got a 9. i wanted to praise him and my only 2 options were

you were fantastic in front of goal

your passing was great last game

i just want to say he had a great game but i cant. that option has gone from fm and you are left with having to be so specific in your praise!

Anyway, for lack of better option i say he was good in front of goal and he disagrees and gets upset.

I'd add talking to a player about his efforts in training, all we can do is tell a player how poorly he's doing & threaten him with being dropped.

Why can't I praise a player who's doing well in training & showing signs of improvement?

Why do I have to threaten a player with being dropped because of a perceived poor training effort? I would prefer an additional option of talking to the player & expressing my concern that he is not reaching his potential, as SI always say, constructive criticism is better than just shouting.

I'd add talking to a player about his efforts in training, all we can do is tell a player how poorly he's doing & threaten him with being dropped.

Why can't I praise a player who's doing well in training & showing signs of improvement?

Why do I have to threaten a player with being dropped because of a perceived poor training effort? I would prefer an additional option of talking to the player & expressing my concern that he is not reaching his potential, as SI always say, constructive criticism is better than just shouting.

You can praise them for training well if you've previously criticized them, so you have to wait until they slack off in training or just slate them for no reason. Then when they improve you get a third option to praise them, and they usually say: "Thanks, it's because of our previous talk" or a variant thereof.

Archived