I'm jumping in, give me a brief summary of FM12 please :)

Hello guys, I've had some things going on and couldn't start playing our beloved FM till now. I've played quite some of the past versions, so I'm not a complete newbie. What I'm asking is, that you guys give me a quick summary of FM12 and what's the difference with FM11. I'd also like it if you share if there are any "must know" things about this version to give me a good start boost. Thank you, your help is appreciated :)

its buggy, team talks break your season if they go wrong, corner exploits, steam not loading game, slower than last years in processing, players getting unhappy, cant seem to sell or loan players. player who request to leave wont move. teams not willing to loan players to same league yet ask you to do it? the list goes on. ive personally stopped this version

basically worst fm in my opinion since 08

its buggy, team talks break your season if they go wrong, corner exploits, steam not loading game, slower than last years in processing, players getting unhappy, cant seem to sell or loan players. player who request to leave wont move. teams not willing to loan players to same league yet ask you to do it? the list goes on. ive personally stopped this version

It's the worst because it's more difficult and you therefore lose?

I've had none of these problems (except steam and slower processing).

Also 08 is my favourite version ever.

Each to his own I guess :)

Personally I enjoyed FM11. But knowing now that the FM12 ME is pretty much the same, and I can see the system I used on FM11 playing pretty similar, there isn't much difference. And the bugs that really get my goat are still there from FM11 too, but injuries in FM12 are a nuisance, especially if you manage a team where you can't hire many physios to remedy the problem.

I know many ppl are struggling with various issues, eg: Steam (which I have never really had an issue with), I'd say go for FM11, it will be cheaper, and if you're in the mood, you can change the transfers in the Match Editor anyway. Obviously depends how much you wish to spend now, or wait until November for FM13, I suppose.

Archived