Understanding Relegation in Argentina

Now I thought I had worked out how relegation works in the Argentinian Leagues. I understand it is based on the average points per game taken over the last three years in the league. My team was relegated in 2015/16 gaining 16 points in the Opening Stage and 24 in the Closing Stage before I took over the club, we got promoted straight back into the top division. My question is why does the average point table show the team have 0 points and 0 games for 2015/16? I am probably going to get relegated even with those points, but I wouldn't be so far behind the other teams.

If you get relegated and promoted in successive seasons, the points you got two seasons ago don't count. It's just to give recently promoted teams a slightly easier time (Average points are already harsh enough for them, as more than 50 points are usually needed not to rely on other teams in order not to get relegated). In your case, not starting with those scary 40 points will help you

Okay. Slightly easier :lol:. I am going to get nowhere near 50 points, my team were poor defensively when we got promoted and are getting taught a lesson almost every game. The one game I have managed to win was against River away :).

Archived