Tycooons actually doing something!

For the fits time I've actually come across a Tycoon willing to splash serious cash and get the title.

During my latest campaign (Sutton United) and at the end of the 2012 season having just won the play-off final to earn promotion to the Premiership the Chinese tycoon and his army took control of Birmingham City.

First season back in the Premier they finished 6th and for a couple of season qualified for Europe until lifting the Premier League title ahead of Man Utd.

Nice to see a tycoon splash about £70m per year on players for about 5 seasons. :)

Anyone else seen a SUCCESSFUL tycoon?

Yet in all my seasons (and trust me thats an awful lot). No tycoon has ever taken over at my club. :(

Is it me?

Prime for take over has to be my Seapatrick game. The year is 2030. Domestically we dominate and it's a joke. Always nice to get 38 wins out of 38 league games conceding just 3 goals on the way. :D However, we've not yet cracked the Champions' League. I think we've made the QFs once. We can't hold onto players and they end up leaving on a free after a 2 or 3 year stint. Just need a tycoon to stop the leak of players and we'll conquer Europe. :D

Yet in all my seasons (and trust me thats an awful lot). No tycoon has ever taken over at my club. :(

Is it me?

Prime for take over has to be my Seapatrick game. The year is 2030. Domestically we dominate and it's a joke. Always nice to get 38 wins out of 38 league games conceding just 3 goals on the way. :D However' date=' we've not yet cracked the Champions' League. I think we've made the QFs once. We can't hold onto players and they end up leaving on a free after a 2 or 3 year stint. Just need a tycoon to stop the leak of players and we'll conquer Europe. :D[/quote']

I had one that took over my Santos save when FM12 first came out. Totally ruined my game and I started again. I'd invested for 6 years heavily in the youths and it was starting to pay off and they were developing great and challenging for a first team role. Once I got the money I started to ignore them and bring in big names which was great but after a few games I got bored as all I wanted to do was focus on youth. But with a budget of £100 million about a season it spoilt it all for me. So I decided to restart from scratch and told myself if it ever happens again just to ignore the 'money' all though it's hard to resist.

So all takeovers aren't good in my experience :(

All I want is just 1 tycoon take over I have played at least 30 seasons all the way back when the game stopped at 30 seasons. (I know tycoons were not in the game then.) I don't want them to be common I just want to experience it once.

You could do what I did and give your starting team one in the editor, but it's tricky to get it right so the finances work out. I've had to start over several times because you can't modify a savegame in progress -- only the starting database (at least with the supplied editor). I ended up giving my team lots of cash and an annual recurring 'other income' (like investment income) that is very large, to simulate a tycoon's investment in a predictable way. You can use the FMRTE, but for me that's not really an option, as the Mac version doesn't really work.

If you do it, be sure you give your tycoon resources of 20 and high ambition attributes.

my tycoon has been backing me to keep winning everything in site. mind you he took over and i had just won the league, fa cup, league cup, community shield, super cup, world club champs cup, and european cup.

has given me every year even though i dont spend it as i got a squad under 24 (£600m) every year to spend.

Anyone else seen a SUCCESSFUL tycoon?

Not a takeover of my club, but in summer 2015 both Arsenal and Atletico Madrid had tycoon takeovers.

During the summer window Arsenal spent £88million, there most expensive signing being Christian Eriksen, who joined from Napoli for £35million.

Atletico Madrid surpassed that, spending £101million, £29.5million of which went on Phil Jones from Manchester United.

In my Newcastle Town save, a tycoon bankrolled Hampton & Richmond Borough's rise to League One, but then in the middle of last season deserted them. They entered administration at the start of my current season (2029/30) and they look likely to get relegated.

I think if a tycoon took over my club (Forest in my save) I'd move to another club and try and take my favourite players with me.

I've just finished 7th in the Prem with a collection of promoted Championship players, a couple of other Champ players I signed, some SPL kids who are developing nicely and a couple of Man United younger cast offs (King and De Laat). I've got a couple of my own youth regens who are quite exciting and a couple of existing youth teams who I'm trying to develop. I'm turning a nice profit bugt my highest spend is about 3m on a left winger. Much as money would make things easier, I'm not in the market for buying existing top quality players.

If I did get taken over, at least I know my current players will be deemed not up to scratch so I should be able to take them with me.

Have seen a few tycoon's in FM11 and FM12.

Dundee United got 1 and employed me so we just dominated Scotland, won a Champions League and lost in the final of a Euro Cup.

Ran a holiday save where Stafford Rangers got a tycoon in the BSN. They went on to climb the leagues over a 10 year period before spending exactly 20 years in the Premier League. They had a best place finish of 5th 3 times, won 2 league cups, FA Cup runner up once and Euro Cup runner up once.

Saw Everton spend 300m on players after a tycoon takeover but never finished higher than 7th. The game doesn't seem to like the Toffee's ever doing well it seems.

Another Tycoon has taken over on my current save at Championship side Exeter in 2017. Strangely, he withdrew financial backing after 9 whole days! What is even more disappointing is they have over 50m in the bank and can attract a host of Premier League players (I took over to be nosey!) but the AI manager won't spend any money to try and reach the Premier League.

Annoying isn't it? I didn't even need the money really as the club was well run and making a huge profit.

Same. My £40m a year transfer budget suddenly jumped to over £100m and he was demanding a top class signing every season - and if I didn't provide one, he bought one himself.

I wish I could get one to get rid of Mike Ashley on my Newcastle save. In the first January transfer window he sold Sime Vrsaljko to Real Madrid for £9million. Had only signed him in July and he had missed most of the season up until then through injury. Tidy little £7millionish profit though mind but selling one of my future stars behind my back makes me very angry. Grrrrr

I really like this as a feature, though it has not happened to me it's happened to Aston Villa and they are ridiculous.

They spend about 70m every season and for reasons unknown still manage only to finish 5th - 8th with the odd cup run

I'd say it reflects real life though. Unless Carlo Ancelotti really wanted to bring in Torres to disrupt his whole team.

Its debatable who pushed that through, but im sure Ancelotti was not complaining, hindisight is a wonderful thing.

I must admit i havent seen this feature in a few years now, not since the old days when chairmen would bankrupt clubs signing players, then release your big players weeks later.

I had one that took over my Santos save when FM12 first came out. Totally ruined my game and I started again. I'd invested for 6 years heavily in the youths and it was starting to pay off and they were developing great and challenging for a first team role. Once I got the money I started to ignore them and bring in big names which was great but after a few games I got bored as all I wanted to do was focus on youth. But with a budget of £100 million about a season it spoilt it all for me. So I decided to restart from scratch and told myself if it ever happens again just to ignore the 'money' all though it's hard to resist.

So all takeovers aren't good in my experience :(

I know the feeling. I've been ignoring the money for years.

Thats one of the worst features ever in FM, Chairmen buying players on their own. So annoying.

I remember in like FM07 I was chelsea and Roman didn't like the fact that I didn't sign any 'big players'. So he went out and bought pascal chimbonda. Yeah.

I had a tycoon take my club over when already at their peak on FM09. I was already churning out millions each year, he came in invested 700 million and then promptly withdrew 600 million for an investment fund because the club was getting too close to the £2.2bn limit, I think his investment took the club up to £1.5bn cash in the bank. Still, when it came to getting a new stadium it was like getting blood from a stone.

It depends on the type of game you play.

I play long term. I like stability, and shaping the club myself. I have no interest in playing another way.

However, if I did, and that happened, I reckon it would be great fun dealing with it.

I've got a game going where Genoa (who were already pretty good) got taken over by a tychoon - overnight they jumped up to 5 star reputation and pushed me and Barcelona down to 4.5. They've gone on to win the next two Serie A titles and want half of my squad (and half of my short listed targets) but I've never crossed paths with them in the CL, so I don't know how good they really are. Maybe a pre-season friendly is in order...

I had 3 in my Atletico Madrid save in the space of a few months:

Levante: Maltese tycoon, promised £70m - spent a palty £3m in the summer window

Almeria: Japanese tycoon, spent £40m - £16m on my fringe players :D - notable signings include Julio Baptista, Raul Garia (£7.5m from me lol, they're paying him 100k a week!) currently bottom Of the table, one draw out of 12! Had a bid accepted for Juan Mata but for some reason they couldn't free up the sums. Odd for a tycoon.

Bordeoux have just been taken over by a Polish tycoon, will be interested to see what they do in January.

Archived