why have you hidden the date?

There's no simple fix, the onus is on the person who created the skin to release an update, failing that there might be some hints & tips in the skinning forum on how you can correct the error yourself.

Then try going into Preferences > Display & Sound, untick Use Skin Cache, tick Always Reload Skin On Confirm, and click Confirm. It will load for a bit and then you'll hopefully see the date again.

actually i use this skin which is a copy of original skin, because i want to change attribute colors...

http://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/base-skins-for-football-manager-2012

ive been told changing attribute colors by settings + installe logos and facepacks isnt possible, so i install this copy of normal skin and then change attribute colors by a file in documents...

actually i use this skin which is a copy of original skin, because i want to change attribute colors...

http://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/base-skins-for-football-manager-2012

ive been told changing attribute colors by settings + installe logos and facepacks isnt possible, so i install this copy of normal skin and then change attribute colors by a file in documents...

It is possible, at least it works for me.

Use the normal skin, install the logos and facepacks as usual, then just tick 'use skin chase' and untick 'always reload skin on confirm', and change the attribute colors to whatever you want.

This also cuts down on the time it takes FM to load, since facepacks and logos don't have to be reloaded.

IF you add new faces or logos, just untick 'use skin cache' and reload the skin, tick 'use skin cache' again and set the colors again.

does that mean you can have more than 4 colours for the different attributes?

It is possible, at least it works for me.

Use the normal skin, install the logos and facepacks as usual, then just tick 'use skin chase' and untick 'always reload skin on confirm', and change the attribute colors to whatever you want.

This also cuts down on the time it takes FM to load, since facepacks and logos don't have to be reloaded.

IF you add new faces or logos, just untick 'use skin cache' and reload the skin, tick 'use skin cache' again and set the colors again.

2. i will test this if 1. doesnt work...

I had the same problem, where I was usinga copy of the original skin with some alterations.

Using the resource archiver to extract another copy of the default skin and using that fixed it for me.

1. i will test this, how do you extract copy of default dark skin?

does that mean you can have more than 4 colours for the different attributes?

i dont know, i only use 3 different colors...

The date in the top left corner disappeared with the latest patch, for some custom skins. Switch back to one of the default skins - solves the problem. Then wait untill the maker of the skin you were using, updates it.

To be specific: I was using the Base BG Dark Skin - just like the default dark skin, but with background pics enabled. After the latest patch, my date and time in the top left corner disappeared. Switched to the default FM 2012 dark skin, and it fixed the problem. Not really a biggie for me, I find the default dark skin to be good enough, and I don't really miss having background pics.

The location (Windows 7) should be [user]/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/skins.

If you have Windows Vista, I'm sorry but I have forgotten where the location for the skins is ... but it looks to me like you have put your skins directly into My Documents. You need then to find the Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/skins string, to put them in.

But I can't understand why you can't just change back to the default skins via the game preferences ... have you deleted the original skins? Or changed the default "user" path?

The location (Windows 7) should be [user]/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/skins.

If you have Windows Vista, I'm sorry but I have forgotten where the location for the skins is ... but it looks to me like you have put your skins directly into My Documents. You need then to find the Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/skins string, to put them in.

But I can't understand why you can't just change back to the default skins via the game preferences ... have you deleted the original skins? Or changed the default "user" path?

what are you talking about? i know were to put the skins, which one is the 2012 dark skin? look at picture above, where is it?

Archived