Ivan Mendoza, 2 goals.

Carlos Fernandez, 2 goals.

93rd min penalty.

Penalty Instructions:

1: Ivan Mendoza

Not listed at all: Carlos Fernandez.

Penalty Taker: Carlos Fernandez.

Penalty Misser: Carlos Fernandez.

What possible reason is there for CF taking the penalty over IM?

Yeah i also hate this too.

I was in a semi final 2nd leg game and my winger was on a hat trick with the game tied at 2-2 and we get a penalty.......winger takes it and misses?!?!

he wasn`t set for the penalty taker and ONLY took the penalty because he was on a hatrick. This has happened COUNTLESS times in this FM.

Imagine Man Utd playing a top side and the game is tied at 2-2 with 10 mins left and you get a penalty...Rooney will take it, def not Ferdinand

Whenever a player is on a hat-trick and a penalty is given, that player will take it regardless of how you setup your penalty takers. In your case, both players were on a hat-trick so not sure how it decides between the 2.

Whenever a player is on a hat-trick and a penalty is given, that player will take it regardless of how you setup your penalty takers. In your case, both players were on a hat-trick so not sure how it decides between the 2.

Looks like alphabetical sorting has struck again

This is just 1 more thing that should have been sorted.

I can maybe understand if the team is winning maybe 4-0 and they give the guy that is on a hat-trick the ball but on my game it was 2-2 and my CB had scored both goals with headers from corners.

We get a penalty with 4 minutes to go and my striker who is 5 and 5 for penalties this season is my penalty taker but no my big CB steps up and duly puts it wide.

/golfclap

problem solved

setting creative freedom to "more disciplined" instead of "more expressive" and players will always obey the set piece hierarchy

i usually use "more expressive" and i always have this issue. but i managed a lower league team and had them set to 'more disciplined' and i never had any scenarios where a player on his hat-trick would break the PK hierarchy and step up to take the PK

problem solved

setting creative freedom to "more disciplined" instead of "more expressive" and players will always obey the set piece hierarchy

i usually use "more expressive" and i always have this issue. but i managed a lower league team and had them set to 'more disciplined' and i never had any scenarios where a player on his hat-trick would break the PK hierarchy and step up to take the PK

That's not a solution, it's a cover-up. I don't want to lower the creative freedom of my team.

I guess it was Alphabetical Sorting that did it then. Going to change Mendoza's name to Aaron Aardvark.

Archived