What has happened to my team?

I am completely baffled.

Midway through February of the first season, I am playing as Manchester United. I am 6 points clear at the top of the table, with fixtures against my challengers Man City and Liverpool to come at Old Trafford. Feeling very confident.

Suddenly.... My League form falls apart... yet I am still thrashing teams in other competitions.

I lose 3-0 away to Everton, then a shock 1-2 defeat at home to Aston Villa. Fine, I can take a few freak results per season. Especially as I have beaten Porto 0-3 away in the CL and Barnsley 0-3 in the LC Final.

My next League game... At home to West Brom, and I lose 0-1. Okay what the hell. Then I beat Porto 3-0 at home. All is fine again... Away to QPR and I struggle for a 1-1 draw. Away to Chelsea, great game, but I lose 4-5.

Now I am 13 points behind City albeit with 2 games in hand and I have yet to play them at Old Trafford, however, I simply can't understand what's happened to my form. And it's only affecting me in the league. This is so frustrating. Has the new hotfix/patch altered tactics? That's my only explanation other than the game wants me to lose :)

Existed pre-patch. My Barcelona team loses form half way through a season, every season. It seems built in as some sort of "Try and prevent him winning the league by 30 points" factor. I think it is done in completely the wrong fashion.

Form here seems modeled on the team, not on the players. I can understand if a few players are out of form or suffering from over-confidence, but bringing on players who are pretty good from the bench - they shouldn't have this problem. They shouldn't instantly be out of form too.

It is very annoying when you have built an awesome team. I should be winning 37 out of 38 games with this team. We go from 20 chances a game to 3. From 5-6 goals to 1. From Star Striker 20 goals in 15 games to 21 goals in 23. Then all resumes one day like nothing happened.

My form is cross-competition, and not limited to the league. As long as I can get through the first knock-out of the champions league, I'm back to 4-0 wins over AC Milan and Arsenal.

Lancer: I can't say this for sure but that's how it feels after 12.2 to me... at least the away form, it doesn't say so in patch notes but to me away games now feel a lot tougher than before. Most away games I have to watch the game in extended mode, many times I have to change tactics to adjust the onslaught of teams that's in the bottom of the league.. Home games... got MUCH easier, now I can put my 2nd choice teams, go to youtube, browse what have yous, go back to the game, half time I'm leading, start the 2nd half go back to youtube, go back to sub out tired players, youtube, go back and WIN... yay... O.o

Existed pre-patch. My Barcelona team loses form half way through a season, every season. It seems built in as some sort of "Try and prevent him winning the league by 30 points" factor. I think it is done in completely the wrong fashion.

Form here seems modeled on the team, not on the players. I can understand if a few players are out of form or suffering from over-confidence, but bringing on players who are pretty good from the bench - they shouldn't have this problem. They shouldn't instantly be out of form too.

It is very annoying when you have built an awesome team. I should be winning 37 out of 38 games with this team. We go from 20 chances a game to 3. From 5-6 goals to 1. From Star Striker 20 goals in 15 games to 21 goals in 23. Then all resumes one day like nothing happened.

My form is cross-competition, and not limited to the league. As long as I can get through the first knock-out of the champions league, I'm back to 4-0 wins over AC Milan and Arsenal.

Surely there's a typo here...both those returns sound pretty good to me! :p

Surely there's a typo here...both those returns sound pretty good to me! :p

Well, as I said I've assembled a team of world beaters. The point being he went from 20 in 15 to 1 in 8. As an individual, it's fine. But when the team collectively takes a dump like this...

Are you sure you didn't keep making minor tweaks in the tactic. I had built a great PSG side that this happened to but I worked out I had been making tweaks throughout the season and then it started not to work, went back the the settings from September without nay tweaks and the winning resumed.

I am completely baffled.

Midway through February of the first season, I am playing as Manchester United. I am 6 points clear at the top of the table, with fixtures against my challengers Man City and Liverpool to come at Old Trafford. Feeling very confident.

Suddenly.... My League form falls apart... yet I am still thrashing teams in other competitions.

I lose 3-0 away to Everton, then a shock 1-2 defeat at home to Aston Villa. Fine, I can take a few freak results per season. Especially as I have beaten Porto 0-3 away in the CL and Barnsley 0-3 in the LC Final.

My next League game... At home to West Brom, and I lose 0-1. Okay what the hell. Then I beat Porto 3-0 at home. All is fine again... Away to QPR and I struggle for a 1-1 draw. Away to Chelsea, great game, but I lose 4-5.

Now I am 13 points behind City albeit with 2 games in hand and I have yet to play them at Old Trafford, however, I simply can't understand what's happened to my form. And it's only affecting me in the league. This is so frustrating. Has the new hotfix/patch altered tactics? That's my only explanation other than the game wants me to lose :)

Sounds like complacency, when playing as United I usually start to become much more demanding from my team talks and interactions around january, since i generally have a lead after christmas. I'm quick to drop any players who play particularly badly, usually adjust my home approach to patiently dominate, while playing quicker away from home when sides give me more space. Use the match analysis to look at what went wrong, how the goals were conceded, how you were passing etc who was making the errors. Is a player not professional enough to stay fouces when starting to clear at the top. Lots of tools there to arrest a poor run.

Archived