Place on the board

I have read hundreds of threads asking for us to be able to become chairmen.

Most, if not all, of these threads and idea's have been shot down.

But whilst reading one of these boring threads, I came across a post which I found rather intriging.

Originally posted by Spagbol:

I've always given this a huge thumbs down.

BUT: If when you hit sixty something the game could say "Your contract's coming to an end, rather then renew it the board have decided to offer you a posision on the board"

At which point accepting retired your manager and let you start from there with a new one, the old having joined the board.

It makes more sense then having 128 year old managers which we currently have, doesn't it? It's not even like 1/10th of players will see fourty seasons.

I would like to develop on this post.

I agree that the option should be there, and it should come in the form of a contract.

But I think that there should be a choice of rejecting the offer, and asking them for a new contract in your current role. From this point, a new option on the 'board requests' could be to have a place on the board.(Board requests is where you ask for more transfer funds etc).

Lets say you were in 2060, and your manager was 72 y/o.

Your not ready to retire, but your chairman offers you a place on the board. You turn this down, and ask for a new contract. He agrees, and offers you a contract which you agree to, and continue as manager. You then get to 2064. At 76 y/o, you are more than ready to give up your role. You go to board requests, and ask your chairman if you can give up your position as manager. He lets you, and you get a place on the board. This means that you are now on the staff screen as a director. Your name is clickable, and you can see all of your stats and achievements which you had before.

Your position as manager at your old club is now up for grabs, and you can choose wether you want to put a new manager into the game(at your old club or at a new one) or for the game to completely finish.

You would only be offered a place on the board if you had been manager of the club for a long time, though.

This wouldnt really make much difference to the game, but would make it more realistic than having a (large number here) year old manager.

What do you think?

All constructive criticism appriciated.

PS: Thanks to Spagbol for his original post which gave me this ideaicon_smile.gif

Thanks

I have read hundreds of threads asking for us to be able to become chairmen.

Most, if not all, of these threads and idea's have been shot down.

But whilst reading one of these boring threads, I came across a post which I found rather intriging.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spagbol:

I've always given this a huge thumbs down.

BUT: If when you hit sixty something the game could say "Your contract's coming to an end, rather then renew it the board have decided to offer you a posision on the board"

At which point accepting retired your manager and let you start from there with a new one, the old having joined the board.

It makes more sense then having 128 year old managers which we currently have, doesn't it? It's not even like 1/10th of players will see fourty seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to develop on this post.

I agree that the option should be there, and it should come in the form of a contract.

But I think that there should be a choice of rejecting the offer, and asking them for a new contract in your current role. From this point, a new option on the 'board requests' could be to have a place on the board.(Board requests is where you ask for more transfer funds etc).

Lets say you were in 2060, and your manager was 72 y/o.

Your not ready to retire, but your chairman offers you a place on the board. You turn this down, and ask for a new contract. He agrees, and offers you a contract which you agree to, and continue as manager. You then get to 2064. At 76 y/o, you are more than ready to give up your role. You go to board requests, and ask your chairman if you can give up your position as manager. He lets you, and you get a place on the board. This means that you are now on the staff screen as a director. Your name is clickable, and you can see all of your stats and achievements which you had before.

Your position as manager at your old club is now up for grabs, and you can choose wether you want to put a new manager into the game(at your old club or at a new one) or for the game to completely finish.

You would only be offered a place on the board if you had been manager of the club for a long time, though.

This wouldnt really make much difference to the game, but would make it more realistic than having a (large number here) year old manager.

What do you think?

All constructive criticism appriciated.

PS: Thanks to Spagbol for his original post which gave me this ideaicon_smile.gif

Thanks

Maybe have an option when making the new manager to choose to be a relative like a son to your old manager aswell, that way you show up on eachothers Favoured Personal list.

Maybe given the success of the old Manager, it could work as an influence on the new Manager, say if he was successful, clubs would be more willing to give you a chance at higher reputations due to the respect they have of the old manager.

I'm just rambling on here now. Sounds more like something for FM stories than anything else. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't understand what would be so fun out being a board member?

What will you be able to do apart from hire/sack your manager? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might be consulted more before the chairman sells your star players over your head as they currently do.

I don't think you should wait until your an old manager though. I realise its probably a rare instance but Craig Levein at Dundee United has a place on their board and he's only in his early 40's so if it happens irl then I agree it should be in the game but only if you can do something useful with it.

I cant help but think its a bit pointless. Most players wont even get that far (including me and I play.. ALOT). I also think it would be more realistic to be a ambassador for the club rather than a board member.

I think it'd be a cool feature, just because I'm the kind of person that goes through all the old record books and achievement pages of specific players to look at past stats.

Would be an interested addition, even though I've never really gotten close to a retiring age (starting at 30 yo every time)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

Maybe have an option when making the new manager to choose to be a relative like a son to your old manager aswell, that way you show up on eachothers Favoured Personal list.

Maybe given the success of the old Manager, it could work as an influence on the new Manager, say if he was successful, clubs would be more willing to give you a chance at higher reputations due to the respect they have of the old manager.

I'm just rambling on here now. Sounds more like something for FM stories than anything else. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do that when my playing manager reaches his 60s (of course it's only in my head that they're relatives)

Nick Jr. is soon to retire - to be replaced by Nick III

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

I don't understand what would be so fun out being a board member?

What will you be able to do apart from hire/sack your manager? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like AB-forever said, you will no longer control the manager(no managerial decisions, no sackings, etc)

But having a place on the board would ensure that all of your hard work and records didnt just disapear off the game.

Hope this makes it clearer.

icon14.gif I like it.

It would be cosmetic, but I like the idea of being a Sir Bobby Charlton. Maybe 20 years later when I'm deceased, they'd name a new stadium after me.

It would only kick in if you retire and start as a new manager from/after that date, of course. It wouldn't apply to many gamers, just the really deeply dedicated ones.

Archived