Why cant I buy a win?

I done a season with Chelsea and won the league and league cup, I only signed Hulk and Rosicky (2 Million as a backup player). At end of the season I signed:

Cortouis back off loan

Bochetti

Ganso

Willian

Douglas Costa

Doumbia

Sold:

- Hilario

- Rosicky

- Malouda

- Drogba

I have improved and freshened up the team but I just cant win a game I am 7th in the league in January and have lost 7 games already how has this happened as I have kept the same tactics and the team is alot better than last year! Soo annoying :( why do you think this is?

You could have a team integration problem. If you go out and buy five/ six players in the transfer window, and play them together straight away, it can have a disastrous effect on your team's chemistry. It's better to build slowly and integrate players slower, rather than changing the team completely.

Yes four or even all of those players come from different footballing cultures and don't speak the language. Could be a problem. Once you reach January you should be fine. At least that is what happens to me every January, so maybe you will see a change in form over the coming weeks.

If not, maybe your tactic does not suit the league champions - not being patient enough against defensive, destructive teams. Being Chelsea that shouldn't make much of a difference since it's a big team, but it might be an explanation.

Some 4-1-2-3 tactics seems to have gotten the axe in 12.2.2

Archived