LLM save, offered big job.... what to do?

I've been trying very hard this year to play a very 'realistic' save. The problem is when a big team swoops in and offers me 19 times more money than I currently make, I can never turn them down. It wouldn't be realistic, 'nah, thanks Stoke City, but I'm happy trying to win promotion from Blue Square Premier at $1100 per week with 12k a week wages, you can keep your 19k/week and your 1.2mil/week wage bill.'

That would never, ever happen. Sorry Dartford. I'm going to Stoke.

How do you guys handle this, in lower league saves? Do you really turn down the money? When I try to play the game as realistically as possible this always becomes difficult for me, as I'd always take the money and the better players over 'loyalty'. What can I say, I'm a mercenary I guess.

Unless I'm heavily invested in my team & think it can go on to bigger & better things then I jump at the first whiff of a bumper contract.

My loyalty has a price.

The realism aspect depends on the OP's starting rep, if he's chosen ex-pro/international I'd understand why a club like Stoke might go for an up & coming manager with a solid playing history.

The realism aspect depends on the OP's starting rep, if he's chosen ex-pro/international I'd understand why a club like Stoke might go for an up & coming manager with a solid playing history.

I understand your point but has there ever been a manager who has gone straight from the lower leagues to the EPL?

Just make whatever move you consider realistic, when playing this sort of game I start with a Sunday league past experience. If you are happy going for promotion then stay where you are as a move to Stoke is a bit unrealistic. I would wait until a League One team offered me the chance or if a League Two side with a strong base offered me a job.

I have trouble turning something down because 'I never would have been offered in the first place'. I don't usually look at things like that, I am usually pretty immersed in the game.

This particular save I started with a higher rep than usual because I was having trouble with teamtalks this year and wanted to see what the affects of rep were. That and overperforming are I suppose the reasons I was offered a big job at the end of my second season. I was sitting in a playoff position with dartford in BSP, with 6 games left to play.

I just thought it would be interesting to see how other people handle this. On the one hand, I work so hard and invest so much time into roster management that switching teams is a real pain. However, facing the possibility of promotion, and even if not promoted, cutting a bunch of dead weight from the BSS and revamping the full roster anyway, a switch to a bigger club didn't bother me on that point.

I got to Stoke and saw Crouch, and remembered that amazing goal he had the other day.... then I saw Muamba and my heart kind of sank for the kid and what he's going through..... I always try lower league managing but in the end I get more enjoyment out of knowing a bit about the real-life counterparts of my players.

If you want to play a LLM save, then stay and enjoy being there.

If you want to pay realistic, then move as any rl manager would take the offer.

In the end, you should do what you believe to be more fun to you. You may indeed enjoy working down low in the ranks more than being up there in the Prem. You should also only let 'rules' have an impact on your decisions if they enhance the fun for you.

Sometimes the job offers you get when managing LL teams are unrealistic.

I got the offer to be the coach of the Uruguayan national team as a manager for the serie C2 team Fondi (after two seasons when i was pushing for promotion to the serie B) - that job offer was turned down immediately

but when i was offered to manage Hellas Verona in serie B just after i won promotion with Fondi to the same league I did not hesitated to take the Hellas Verona job - its more realistic to take that job.

I've taken Halifax to the Premier League, I started as a Semi Pro and had offers from a good 10-12 clubs on the way up through the divsions. Including Newcastle, Dortmund, Sporting, Sunderland and Blackburn. But I would never leave.

If realism is the goal in your game you would turn down the job because you would have never been offered it.

just not true. if somone had taken over stoke in his game wanted somone who was doing well in the lower leagues wouldn't cost him much money could give him low budgets ect he could easily go for somone that far down. but then again op doesn't state how long he is into the game if it's the first 3 years then i would say yes it is unrealistic

just not true. if somone had taken over stoke in his game wanted somone who was doing well in the lower leagues wouldn't cost him much money could give him low budgets ect he could easily go for somone that far down. but then again op doesn't state how long he is into the game if it's the first 3 years then i would say yes it is unrealistic

What??

There are no EPL managers hired from the lower leagues. The two jobs just arent similar. LL managers dont have to deal with many foreign players nor the press. And Premier League managers have to be amongst the best of the best to compete with the other managers.

Archived