Transfers with loan-back options

Does anyone know whether these now common types of transfers will be added onto the next version of FM? If the title doesn't explain things it is the type of deal where Chelsea signed Kevin De Bruyne from Genk with a pre-arranged loan back to Genk agreed in the deal. These transfers are very common with young players and would be very useful in FM to develop youngsters rather than signing someone and then trying to find clubs to loan them out because they aren't ready for your first team yet. I have found it tricky to loan out players who aren't household names in your nation and this type of deal would be a great addition to the game. It would also be good to be able to sell a star young player at Christmas if you are a small club but make the buying club let you keep him until the summer when you'll have time to find an adequate replacement. Anyone know if this is being looked into at all?

Great idea. Sometimes, if I have the cash, I will buy someone to secure them, but I choose not to sign him until the following year, that way the selling club will continue to pay his current wages in full. Same, I suppose, but different (no loan fee and you obviously can't "recall" him).

i think there is an option to buy/sell the player at the end of the season but only in the season started

Yes but this is very different. It allows you to buy the young player but leave him in his current team until he's ready to move. It allows you to sign him cheap before he's fully developed while giving the small club there benefit of not losing a star player. There are lots of these types of agreements at the start of the game already set but you cannot make your own deals with this sadly.

yea but what your asking is what is already on the game, as you offer a transfer, you just tick the box to end of season and then when you and the club and player all agree the transfer and contract, the player is now yours but still at the old club ( like a loan) if you was to put it like that.

It's a bit trickier than that - FIFA are trying to clamp down on this kind of thing. IRRC, Lukaku was meant to be loaned to Stoke this season, but Chelsea weren't allowed to loan him out domestically in the same transfer window in which they bought him.

yea but what your asking is what is already on the game, as you offer a transfer, you just tick the box to end of season and then when you and the club and player all agree the transfer and contract, the player is now yours but still at the old club ( like a loan) if you was to put it like that.

This isn't the deal that I am talking about. I want to be able to agree for them to stay for different periods of time, not just signing them at the end of the season. For example pay now but have them arrive in two years time. The only way this can happen on the game is if you sign players from certain nations in a league where you can't sign foreigners under 18. I want to be able to go to a smaller club for example Dynamo Dresden and tell them I'll pay them £3m for player X and as part of the deal they will have him immediately loaned back to them for the next two seasons and I (as the owner) will cover his salary for this period. This is useful for the big club signing young players who are nowhere near ready for the first and also for the smaller club who keep their star player while having his salary covered by the new club. The kid also wins because he will almost certain get a better contract from the big club who will now own him.

It's a bit trickier than that - FIFA are trying to clamp down on this kind of thing. IRRC, Lukaku was meant to be loaned to Stoke this season, but Chelsea weren't allowed to loan him out domestically in the same transfer window in which they bought him.

I believe that's because he'd already played for Anderlecht this season, and you can't play for three clubs in a season, but I could be wrong.

I believe that's because he'd already played for Anderlecht this season, and you can't play for three clubs in a season, but I could be wrong.

Yes exactly. He cannot play for three teams in that period of time. By staying at his current club this rule obviously wouldn't occur. For example if Lukaku was left in Belgium for another season he would've been able to play because it would be his only club registered for during that window.

I think its a pretty good idea....but its kind of what you have feeder clubs for in a sense. When you have the first option to buy on a player from a feeder club you can sign him and loan him straight back....but I do understand what you mean by just any old player.

I agree with the OP, it happens a lot, also means the club get the transfer fee straight away.

If you were in financial trouble and needed to sell this is an option used.

It happens a lot now and there are similar things in the game but it isn't the same.

Does need to be included to continue the games realism.

Archived