Who is the best tactician? A potential competition.

I'm copy pasting this over from a thread I made on a different forum as there's less activity there and maybe there will be more here. I've had an idea that seems quite fun to me. Basically it would be a competition to see which of you FMers is the best tactician around and this thread is just to gauge interest.

Initially my thoughts are to do various scenarios, quite far apart because it would take time to do each one for each person. For example England in Euro 2012. You would then give me your squad of 23, your first 11 and upload/send me a saved tactics file for FM12. I'd then add in a manager, call up your squad, select your first 11, then go on holiday with the instructions to use the same tactics/first 11 where possible. Would assign points for various achievements, tournament progress and other performance bonuses like a player winning the golden boot or something, that kind of thing, and each person would get a points total for that scenario.

You could do whatever you wanted to design your tactic, just use one you know is successful from your previous games, start a specific FM game with my scenario to tinker with your tactics, anything. Using tactics you haven't created yourself is **** and will be discovered somehow.

So how many of you fancy yourself as a bit of a tactical wizard able to tailor individual tactics for an individual team's strengths? How many of you think you've created an ultimate tactic that can be used in any scenario? If there's a bit of interest shown in this thread I'll work out a more specific scenario and we can crack on.

there's a specific forum section for this kind of stuff, would be better to post in there

holidaying is a very bad way to test stuff thought in pretty much every case, and would never give a fair refelction of what a tactic can and cant achive, in order to do really well you sometimes needs to addapt to counter stuff the ai is doing, and that means watching the match

I mean how would I know that the ai would even sellect the XI I have in mind? how would I know if the ai play with tiered players which would have bad effects on the results? squad rotation plays a major role in how I play this game for example

Archived