Just a new idea - Regarding assistant reports (stars).

This is a rather simple and easily implemented addition to what we see under the scouting or assistant (star) reports.

For me personally, the star ratings give me a very quick overview to what a player is capable of, this is my first point of call so for me they are very important in my team selection. I usually use the stars then the comparison diagram shape before looking at some individual attributes.

What I am proposing however is an option on the top of the reports to change the relativity for it. This can be very useful in judging where your team may rank in it's division holistically.

At the moment (to the best of my knowledge) the stars are based on the quality of your team. I.E Rooney at Man United may be a 4 star player whereas at Fulham he may be a 5 star player due to the competition in his position.

What I mean by changing the relativity is, yes have an option where their reports are relative to the team, but also have an option where their reports are relative to the league you are playing in. So Rooney may always appear as a 5 star player. This well then show you where your team ranks in comparison to the league so your newly promoted Burnley team has a 3 and a half star keeper. You think, okay I have a solid keeper, but where does he rank in comparison to the league? You may find he is closer to 2 and a half stars. At my Barcelona squad I had some youth players coming through with 3 star potential, I only took limited notice of them, on further inspection I read they had the potential to be leading stars in the BBVA one of the worlds top divisions. If the relativity could be changed I would have a good view of where they could end up in terms of the league not just for my superstar squad.

I believe for top teams and bottom teams this would be particularly useful. Mid table teams may find there isn't much difference but it would be useful to know.

How do others feel about this change?

I wouldn't say it makes the game easier. Neither would I say it's information a real life manager couldn't get in real life. It's simply about putting things into context. I'm sure Mancini knows that Dzeko and Milner are rotation players for Man City but would be key players to most of the premiership and are some of the most talented players in their respective positions.

• Administrators

They already do this to be fair - if a team is say in the Champions League you'll note it's harder for players to get 'higher' stars than if you're just a mid-team Prem side.

As a club down in BSN, my entire team (minus a few oldies) have 5 star potential rating. Sure, i can access the report card for every player in turn and see what division play they are capable of, but the original posters suggestion would cut down dramatically on the number of clicks needed to get a good overview of their potential :)

They already do this to be fair - if a team is say in the Champions League you'll note it's harder for players to get 'higher' stars than if you're just a mid-team Prem side.

Did not know that. Anyone ever do a write up on how the star rating works? It can be a bit confusing and little gems of knowledge like this really help.

Archived