Free players at start of game

Just started a game with Barcelona for a bit of fun.

While trawling the free transfers, I found a player called Pinga. I never heard of him before, 30 years old, free, and plays quite well.

I presume it's this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Luciano_da_Silva

What players have you signed at the start of a game that were free and turned out pretty awesome?

Ze Roberto is available at the start of the game for nothing and is still a world class player. His stamina is still high too. I picked him up for my HSV side and he was my player of the year when we finished 4th.

Mamadhou Diarra is a player that you can pick up for nothing, but for the role he plays his stamina will cause a problem. A good backup.

Ze Roberto is still a brilliant player in FM.

I remember years ago I signed Nilmar on a free. I had never heard of him before that point.

When I signed him, I had a couple world class strikers ahead of him so he rarely played. Even then he scored whenever I played him. I felt sorry so I loaned him to Roma for half a season. Within 2 months he was their top scorer. The kid was a beast....but I'm pretty sure everyone knows that now ;)

I've signed Rivaldo for Leeds United in the second season in FM 11. His physical attributes are crap, but he plays great as a trequartista. I'm not sure but I think he's a free player at the start of season in FM 12.

Guti pops up on a free at the start,,,,i signed him for the villa,,,,,,,he's good for the first half of the season then he goes rubbish,,,,,,,,maniche is alright and Zendan if you cant find anyone else,,,,,only for mid-table teams though

Archived