Foreground Sugar Daddy

I don't quite understand what this actually means. I've heard others say it means that the owner/chairman will "pump money into the club", but what does that mean exactly?

How frequently will he give us more money, and how much (how does he determine how much money we need)?

Will he only give us more money when we run out (go into the red)?

You will get a huge budget and if the sugar daddy has a high resources attribute then he will not let your balance drop very low I have one at Sevilla and if the balance dropped below £40 million he would put money in to top the balance up. I spent £100's of millions over three seasons and he just kept giving more and more cash.

I remember reading somewhere that until UEFA can figure out what the rules are, they won't implement it in the game. Too much of a moving target, maybe. Though I know very little about it other than the fact that it will require teams to maintain a positive balance based on football-related income.

Financial Fair Play

At a basic level it means that clubs must be run at a profit within the next 3 years & chairman will not be allowed to just deposit money into the bank account to prop up a loss making club.

What will be interesting from an FM point of view is that IRL club owners will find loopholes to get around the rules *cough*Ethiad sponsorship deal*cough* whereas this would almost certainly not be included in FM, could be the end of the Sugar Daddy.

I find that Sugar Daddy's take most of the fun out of the game, it's easy enough to outmanoeuvre the AI in transfer dealings when you don't start with a limitless supply of money & the extra pressure to succeed is in my view insufficient.

My tycoon/sugar daddy in Mexico gave me around £10 million a season to spend, which is more than enough to build a very good side in Mexico. I normally agree with you but when I got one at Sevilla it was great because me and my mate were racing to see who could win every continents Champions League, the sugar daddy gave me the ability to win the last Champions League and beat him lol.

Archived