Manager Interaction and networking. So far, all we have is "Feels the two of you could become good friends".

how about we become good friends and I can call on you when I want to sign a player that has worked under you and I can ask you what his character is like before signing him?

And then can you introduce me to an Agent friend of yours so I can offload a "duffer" or sign my next striker?

etc etc.

Other managers have even recommended players to others. Didn't Wenger recommend a player to Harry Redknapp or something, at his Portsmouth days or was it Wilson Palacios?

It would be nice to make friends with other managers, and they could recommend players to you - instead of being approached by a sleazy Agent lol

It's just logical that following years & years of interelation as "feels the two of you could become friends" that is would develop into "feels that the two of you ARE good friends". No special need for changes to the game. Perhaps you could get transfer fees agreed & the guy saying "Have agreed the fee at this level because of our friendship".

I seem to remember years ago getting a player loan agreed because the manager had a good opinion of me.

In any case it's just plain silly to leave this comment in limbo like it is.

Another great thing could come out of this.

Perhaps I spot a young talent that I think could be good. I might say to my friend in a lower league that they should sign him.

This then gives me a good chance of my fee being accepted for the player at a later date, or a heads up from my friend that other clubs are bidding for them and invite me to make an offer.

Firstly, I would be a favoured person by the player, because I recommended them to the manager.

Secondly, I would be a favoured person by the manager I recommended them.

Thirdly, it would make me a prime candidate to sign the player if/when he's good enough.

It could also open the door for loaning players. I could say to my friend manager that I have some players he can have on loan.

Currently - there are no bargaining chips when you want to loan a player, if you can't afford 10% of his wages and only 5% then you're rejected. But perhaps someone you're friends with would let that slide?

I agree that the manager interaction could be greatly improved! same for the player interaction! and even interaction with the board and fans could be better and affect your reputation and how the team sees you

Archived