How do you sell players no one wants?

I have two players I feel I dont need and rather then just letting them run out their contract, I think its better to sell them. But no teams want them. Its not like Im even asking much for them.

Also, I have one player who wants to go and I decided to let him and told him I would find him a new club. But no one wants him either.

How do you get rid of players when no teams want them?

I'm having this problem as well, so far all I've been doing is loaning them out to my feeder clubs, then recalling them every transfer window and trying to sell them again, occasionally they generate a bit of interest, but I much preferred FM11, it was a lot easier to shift unwanted players.

I have two players I feel I dont need and rather then just letting them run out their contract, I think its better to sell them. But no teams want them. Its not like Im even asking much for them.

Also, I have one player who wants to go and I decided to let him and told him I would find him a new club. But no one wants him either.

How do you get rid of players when no teams want them?

If you really want to get rid of a player try "selling" them for £0. I've managed to get rid of 95% of the players I wanted off my wage bill by selling them for nothing. None of them were wanted by any clubs before I offered them out. It's more difficult if you are managing a top club that is paying big wages to their players.

I have one player that I got when I just got promoted to the premiership, Lasse Schone, and he made a useful back up to my first team started some games and did a fine job at it. By 2nd season I've gotten players that kept him out of the line up for most of the season, keeping him as a back up player mostly, by 3rd season he played only 7 games, all as subs xD. I've been trying to unload him since the 2nd season but no one wanted him because he pulls off 11k per week salary for what is basically a championship league class forward. I offered him out as free and no one wants him still again because of his wage.

The moral of the story for me: never tied down a player to a long contract if you just got promoted and not sure the "standard" skills of the league :p. Another thing I learned is that if I have a player that can't get sold, loan him out to take some of his wage out of the book OR if no one want him even for loan, loan him out for free to one of your affiliate club... at the very least he'll keep his skills, got some game and if he's doing well some team might make an offer for him... not going to happen for my Schone though since I made the mistake of signing him up for too much for his meager skills

Just keep trying to loan them out an continously attempt to sell them. There are around 7-8 players at Derby sat in the reserves that're useless to you, yet no-one really wants them. Ended up two accepted mutual terminations after a while, one was loaned out and then bought, another loaned out till his contract ended and the rest merely ran down their contracts.

The best you can do is try to loan them out to drum up interest. Better yet, immediately get a feeder team in the league below and send players there. I did that with Derby in the Prem, Doncaster and Port Vale (In League One and Two respectively at the time) had 5 of my players each, youngsters that were developing or players that weren't wanted and couldn't be sold. Drummed up a fair bit of interest in a few of them.

Biggest defect in this whole game imho, I have NEVER had an unsolicited offer for a player on my transfer list, ever.

I TL them, offer @ original price & come down to zero "accept all offers" very quickly. Nothing!

It's a bug & no one can satisfactorily explain why these players generate no offers. I would contribute to their wages if they asked. Perhaps that should be an option when T/L..íng them????

Unless horrifically overpaid, players are generally easy to move on. If nothing else, listing them for free and/or loan listing usually does the trick. If the player is getting paid far more than their ability warrants though, you will have trouble.

Biggest defect in this whole game imho, I have NEVER had an unsolicited offer for a player on my transfer list, ever.

I TL them, offer @ original price & come down to zero "accept all offers" very quickly. Nothing!

It's a bug & no one can satisfactorily explain why these players generate no offers. I would contribute to their wages if they asked. Perhaps that should be an option when T/L..íng them????

^this^. i've offered players to clubs for €0 and no one wants them. i also tried offering to loan and i'll pay 100% their wages and still nobody wants them. lastly, i tried sending them out to my feeder clubs, but they keep rejecting the loan. i just own the treble, and one of my players is even a current international player for italy, yet no one wants him, even for free

its the main reason why i prefer older versions of FM over FM12. you seriously CANT get rid of players in FM12. its a problem, simple as that. it's not realistic

when i try to offer a player out for €0, the club says they can't afford their wages. when i try to loan them out and offer to pay 100% their wages, all clubs lose interest

"How do you sell a player no one wants?"

The clues in the title:p

Seriously though if you want to sell a player then the best way is to have him playing games (preferably playing well). It also depends on the level your at. It is easy at the top level, where there is plenty of money about, to sell a decent player but the lower you go the less chances there is as there is less clubs with spare money. It also helps to offer players out at the very beginning of the transfer window, in my experience, before teams have had a chance to spend money on other targets.

If you don't want them, what makes you think someone else does? :lol:

If you want to actually get some money out of it, play those players a bit. I've had to deal with this situation once, with a crappy Colin Kazim Richards while with GS. I wasn't surprised that no one wanted him, his attributes were horrible and he was making US$4.4 million a year. I had to pay him $5 mil in total (one year in reserves, and a mutual termination of $600k) to get rid of him.

Your best bet is to loan them out to an affiliate club so that they play matches. Players who haven't seen football in a while is impossible to get rid of.

Edit: Not to mention, 50% of the problem is that players who are not good enough for you are not good enough for anyone else in your league either, unless you are a top top club where 2, 2.5 star players are good/leading in the league. In that case it shouldn't be a problem offloading them unless they are on silly wages. 40% of the problem is that these players do not want to play for the clubs they are good enough to play for. The remaining 10% is that the squad building logic of the AI is pretty bad for the most part.

(all % included for illustrative purposes only)

If you don't want them, what makes you think someone else does?

Dumb comment Rancer; a player that can't make it in my side may be very capable to make it in a side with generally less ability. It's what makes the tranfer market go round.

It's not wages, I can't give 3 star players away on very reasonable salaries.

You are suggesting I should drop the better players I have to play these guys until I gt offers for them? Yeah, that's a very bright thing for the Manager to do!

Lets face it, we've heard all the arguments but this game is broke where getting shot of players is concerned. I just go through the motions till they are offered for free, then I place them as "Accept all offers", put them in the Youth team, put them on "Very Heavy"training & accept that the poor gits will stick with me till their contract expires.

I've been stuck with Dejan Stankovic for two seasons now, and he still has two more to go. He gets paid 88k a week and keeps telling me he wants to leave. I've tried offering him out for nothing and yet nobody wants him. I've tried terminating his contract too but the board keeps blocking it because he gets paid too much. :mad:

I've been stuck with Dejan Stankovic for two seasons now, and he still has two more to go. He gets paid 88k a week and keeps telling me he wants to leave. I've tried offering him out for nothing and yet nobody wants him. I've tried terminating his contract too but the board keeps blocking it because he gets paid too much. :mad:

Have you asked him for a mutual termination? Save the game, really annoy him, and try it. My sub keeper got so annoyed he accepted one for nothing once.

Have you asked him for a mutual termination? Save the game, really annoy him, and try it. My sub keeper got so annoyed he accepted one for nothing once.
Yep I've tried every trick in the book. Funnily enough, almost immediately after I made that post he decided that he's going to retire at the end of the season. Woohoo!

"How do you sell a player no one wants?"

The clues in the title:p

Seriously though if you want to sell a player then the best way is to have him playing games (preferably playing well). It also depends on the level your at. It is easy at the top level, where there is plenty of money about, to sell a decent player but the lower you go the less chances there is as there is less clubs with spare money. It also helps to offer players out at the very beginning of the transfer window, in my experience, before teams have had a chance to spend money on other targets.

goes both ways, if you sell a player near the middle or the end of the transfer window, teams have more money after they sell some of their players. some AI's spend more than they sell. others sell more than they spend. you pretty much have to keep offering your player throughout the entire window in case the right club comes along. but even that doesn't work usually

i've had a player (Nicolas Burdisso, 31 year old) who has played extremely well (avg rating 7.25 ish), made the Serie A XI team of the year, made about 30 league appearances, won the league/cup/europaleague treble, won 2nd best league defender of the year, won 3rd best foreign player of the year, AND he's still regularly getting selected for the argentine NT. but NOBODY wants him, even for FREE, whether i'm transfering or loaning. i tried loaning him out and paying 100% of his wages but no one wants him. i tried sending him to my feeder club but he rejects any loan move

see he's not bad player, but the only reason i don't want him is because he's old and i want to develop my younger centerback. it's a bug/problem in the game. simple as that. it needs to be address in FM13. the previous versions of FM didn't have this problem

also what i don't get is some players will accept a transfer offer if you pay part of his wages until the end of his contract. but in another scenario where the buying club says they can't afford a player's wage demands, the transfer talks break down and you don't even have the option of paying the player's wages for him to leave. there should be more options for this in FM13, like maybe offer to pay 1/2 the player's wages until end of his contract, or pay 100% of his wages for the first year (like when Borriello transferred from Milan --> Roma), etc.

i've had a player (Nicolas Burdisso, 31 year old) who has played extremely well (avg rating 7.25 ish), made the Serie A XI team of the year, made about 30 league appearances, won the league/cup/europaleague treble, won 2nd best league defender of the year, won 3rd best foreign player of the year, AND he's still regularly getting selected for the argentine NT. but NOBODY wants him, even for FREE, whether i'm transfering or loaning. i tried loaning him out and paying 100% of his wages but no one wants him. i tried sending him to my feeder club but he rejects any loan move

see he's not bad player, but the only reason i don't want him is because he's old and i want to develop my younger centerback. it's a bug/problem in the game. simple as that. it needs to be address in FM13. the previous versions of FM didn't have this problem

also what i don't get is some players will accept a transfer offer if you pay part of his wages until the end of his contract. but in another scenario where the buying club says they can't afford a player's wage demands, the transfer talks break down and you don't even have the option of paying the player's wages for him to leave. there should be more options for this in FM13, like maybe offer to pay 1/2 the player's wages until end of his contract, or pay 100% of his wages for the first year (like when Borriello transferred from Milan --> Roma), etc.

THis has always been a problem on FM/CM but it's not as bad as it used to be, unfortunately it does still happen sometimes and you get cases like yours.

I really do feel there is a genuine issue here. The problem is that everyone, myself included, can point to examples in real life of players rotting at clubs because nobody wants them. It happens that players end up stuck in the reserves rather than sold. It's a real part of football. But, as I said, I still think there is an issue here. The game doesn't reflect it properly. You can have players who you think are decent but have no place in your team and yet they generate next to no interest from clubs where they'd definitely fit in. As someone has already said, transfer listing players often feels like a waste of time.

I don't mind the occasional player being difficult to move on. But what do object to is how much of a struggle it is on a regular basis. It's not as if loaning players out, even young ones, is all that easy, either.

i think the problem is that the AI sucks at buying players based on performance

Denmark won the World Cup 2014 with a free agent goalkeeper (Lindegaard) throughout the entire tournament. he won the Golden Gloves for the tournament and had the highest average rating. but it's now 3 months after he lifted the WC trophy and he's still a free agent =\

I really do feel there is a genuine issue here. The problem is that everyone, myself included, can point to examples in real life of players rotting at clubs because nobody wants them. It happens that players end up stuck in the reserves rather than sold. It's a real part of football. But, as I said, I still think there is an issue here. The game doesn't reflect it properly. You can have players who you think are decent but have no place in your team and yet they generate next to no interest from clubs where they'd definitely fit in. As someone has already said, transfer listing players often feels like a waste of time.

I don't mind the occasional player being difficult to move on. But what do object to is how much of a struggle it is on a regular basis. It's not as if loaning players out, even young ones, is all that easy, either.

spot on. yeah, i forgot to mention, it's not just older players. i have a 20 year old regen CA 122/PA 177 i'm transfer listing because i have too many hot prospects and he's too old to play for my youth team. i'm transfer listing him at 50% of his value. i also tried loaning him out but no takers, even if i offer 100% wages. the season before this, Real Madrid made me a 200% transfer offer for him but i rejected it then

so the only way i can get rid of players it seems is if they're NOT on the transfer list and the AI makes an offer

If you don't want them, what makes you think someone else does?

Dumb comment Rancer; a player that can't make it in my side may be very capable to make it in a side with generally less ability. It's what makes the tranfer market go round.

It's not wages, I can't give 3 star players away on very reasonable salaries.

You are suggesting I should drop the better players I have to play these guys until I gt offers for them? Yeah, that's a very bright thing for the Manager to do!

Lets face it, we've heard all the arguments but this game is broke where getting shot of players is concerned. I just go through the motions till they are offered for free, then I place them as "Accept all offers", put them in the Youth team, put them on "Very Heavy"training & accept that the poor gits will stick with me till their contract expires.

No one is telling you to play those players for 90 minutes, only sub them in when it's clear you're going to win the game. For now, playing them in games makes it easier to spark some interest from other clubs. As for the question, it was more directed at absolutely useless players (looking at you, Colin Kazim Richards!).

The more idiotic problem is the fact that free agents are bloody rejecting offers from other clubs and then they go retire! What idiot would rather retire than latch onto a club short term for some money? They won't even sign a short term contract to rebuild value to back to the free agent market in the summer to see if other clubs would be interested in signing them.

This all ties in with major improvement in AI squad management for future versions of FM. I think the reputation system needs a change somehow.

BTW, good draw against the US U23's. Byebye USA, can't even score against the Canucks!!! :cool:

I think that a lot more players should be 'wanted'. There's just barely any interest for players from a lot of players to begin with. If more players are wanted then the AI clubs would be more aggressive in signing players, and in turn offloading players who are not part of their plans to other clubs, and etc etc.

i think the problem is that the AI sucks at buying players based on performance

Denmark won the World Cup 2014 with a free agent goalkeeper (Lindegaard) throughout the entire tournament. he won the Golden Gloves for the tournament and had the highest average rating. but it's now 3 months after he lifted the WC trophy and he's still a free agent =\

Why haven't you signed him? :)

What good do you think ruining a player will do when it comes to selling him??!!

Not my aim at all Milnerpoint! I am not trying to ruin him, I just don't want the guy very comfortable, thankyou very much, in my reserve team. I don't think heavy training will ruin a player, far from it, he is likely to improve. When a miraculous offer finally comes I want the player to jump at the chance to get away from my club. It might also encourage him to ask for contract termination. If I ask them they get the hump; my contract terminations are always initiated from the player.

I've given up trying to sell players since several seasons. I just place them in reserves and let their contracts expire.

My theory why it's impossible to sell anyone:

the "market" is flooded with incredible newgens from every little corner of the earth. They are available so cheaply, hardly demand any wage and already have perfect attributes at low ages.

I wouldnt buy my players either if i could sign a better newgen from some unknown corner of the earth for a fraction.

Afaik, this has been addressed with the latest patch (newgens from inactive nations), but it will take several years until my long-term save sees the effect.

^that's a good theory

i have all countries+leagues loaded in my save, so my "fm world" has a variety of regens from all over the globe. might explain why i have trouble selling players more so than some others on this forum

makes me wonder if less leagues+countries were loaded, if it would be easier to sell players. or maybe just keep the big clubs.

i have a lot of third world non-reputable clubs in my save and big clubs always buy/steal the best regens from them, but these small clubs never buy anyone in return. so it's kind of an imbalance innit?

In some other thread it had been suggested that reputation might be the issue. It becomes a problem when a players isn't good enough for his current club's standards but he refuses to join a club with a lower reputation than his current club. When you offer him out, he denies all these clubs and it seems as if no club was interested in him. This is only speculation though.

If I'm struggling to get rid of someone, I try to find space for him on the bench. On the occasions when I think that I've already secured the win reasonably early in the game, I throw him on just to get him in the shop window. Of course, this is easier to do in the leagues that allow you to have lots of players of the bench.

There's probably plenty of clubs would take your player, but quite frankly he doesn't want to leave. The clubs he wants to go to don't want him and he thinks he's too good for low sides.

I suspect reputation, current league and current wages are the main stumbling blocks. Look at it from your point of view; how many times have you seen a player rotting in a teams reserves and he won't even discuss terms with you.

Best thing you can do is be wary of signing players on large wages and for a long period of time. If he's average and 28 years old, don't give him a 5 year contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Either:

a). Loan him out to another team (affiliates or non-affiliates);

b). Let his contract run out by itself;

c). Release him

Usually I choose option b) because my players are pretty low-profile.

Archived