Cheating or not - how to fight with the chairman that accepts transfer offers?

I find it extremely annoying that chairmans accept even some less spectacular offers even in situation when finances are not bad at all.

What I usually do in that situation is just offer said player to clubs for extremely low sum, even 0 euros, and receive bunch of other offers. I accept them all, and hope that player will choose some other club and not the one that chairman accepted. If they do, I have the option to cancel transfer and nothing happens.

Do you consider this cheating or not? Even if it's not cheating it's highly unrealistic that chairman will let you accept lower offers than the one he accepted.

And, please, SI, make news item when chairman accepts the offer highlighted. It can easily get lost in bunch of other news.

I just had this happen! A nice young right winger I had bought in at the age of 18, progressed well over 4 seasons, then sold by the chairman at face value!? I wouldn't mind if he had sold him for 200% like i always try to do, but no face value it seems. I am now left with no right winger as I didn't think I would need a long term replacement for a 22 year old

I suspect Steve Evans is wondering the same thing considering the loss of Matt Tubbs and Tyrone Barnett!

Then again, he's a very unpleasant sort of chap, so good riddance :D

Try setting your player value as high as you can, as others have suggested. It seems like the best option other than editing anything etc.

I set my players values extremely high to stop teams offering, I have never had a chairman accept an offer for one of my players on FM12.

This is what I do too, usually I set the same value as the buyout clause (if the player has any) or the highest possible value (if he has no buyout clause).

Archived