unable to upgrade to 8.0.1 or 8.0.2, help me please

Had a major pc problem and had to reinstall vista last night. Then i installed FM 08 last thing, but i also tried to update it to the latest patch.

Plan was to update to 8.0.1 then 8.0.2 but im getting an error pop up with both installations.

I dont know how to put screen shots on ere so this is what it says.

On the 8.0.1 installer its got to 47 files to update, got to 43:\data editor.exe then this window pops up saying;

Error creating update file - C:\Program files\Sports interactive\football manager 2008\data editor.exe

Error 0x00000020 - this process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Well got knows what other process its being used by as ive got nothing running on my pc at the moment.

Can anyone help?

Had a major pc problem and had to reinstall vista last night. Then i installed FM 08 last thing, but i also tried to update it to the latest patch.

Plan was to update to 8.0.1 then 8.0.2 but im getting an error pop up with both installations.

I dont know how to put screen shots on ere so this is what it says.

On the 8.0.1 installer its got to 47 files to update, got to 43:\data editor.exe then this window pops up saying;

Error creating update file - C:\Program files\Sports interactive\football manager 2008\data editor.exe

Error 0x00000020 - this process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Well got knows what other process its being used by as ive got nothing running on my pc at the moment.

Can anyone help?

check the registry and make sure that all sport interactive entries have been removed before you try to reinstall. You don't need to install the 8.0.1 patch then 8.0.2 just install the 8.0.2 patch.

cheers fr your help folks.

Think ill do a clean install of the game, might be easier.

good job i saved all my facepacks/kits and logos etc.. so i dont mind uninstalling it and re installing the game. Ill see have that helps

I guarentee that i havnt got the editor running, ive never used it, its cheating and i havnt tried to install the updates while ive got the game loaded, which is whats being bugging me

Archived