Anyone else having problems with consistency?

This has happened to me in my current season and last season. We start off really well, 7W 0D 0L, then we lose 1, win 1, draw 2, lose 1, win 1, draw 1... etc. The exact same thing happened to this team last season. I don't understand cause I haven't done anything that would cause them to not play as well :( We had like 1 or 2 injuries but my squad's good enough to cope with these injuries.

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems? Need advice on what to do. I'm still currently 1st atm, but the gap is closing really quickly and I'm scared we'll end up missing out on promotion again this season.

Happened to me the last 10 seasons. I'm Barcelona, and can beat anyone 5-0 away on their day. I go from averaging 6 goals a game in the first 15 league games to 1.5 for the next 10, then back to 5-6+ a game.

Morale is always high, and because we keep winning nothing really changes. But there is definitely something that just "happens" half way through every season that makes me perform worse.

Maybe it's the weather. :lol:

In all FM's, you always overperform at the start of the season, or at least have a very good start. I've always thought it's to keep people interested, but whatever it is, it's happened to me every season in every FM game I've played. Frustrating, yes, because you think your team is possibly better than it is, and hence when you perform to your 'real' ability, you think you're doing sh!te, even if you're actually doing OK.

Speaking of keeping things interesting...

I hate how the game makes Real Madrid about 3-5 points worse than me each season. If I finished with 72, they had 67. This season im 15 for 15, and they are 14 for 15. They don't have to win every damn game just because I do!

Are you playing as a high rep club with low rep as a manager? i find i get similair outcomes when i'm p-s-g and don't speak french and start off with automatic reputation. win 3-4 draw and win till 8 games unbeaten. Lose then lose then draw then lose then win but then lose ect. seems the same everytime no matter what system/style of football i play

Speaking of keeping things interesting...

I hate how the game makes Real Madrid about 3-5 points worse than me each season. If I finished with 72, they had 67. This season im 15 for 15, and they are 14 for 15. They don't have to win every damn game just because I do!

Man City did that to me on my save. We were neck and neck for most of the season, and I played them with two games left, the draw would win me the title. Finished 0-0, and I should have hammered them.

Before for me atleast. More like mid Nov/Start of Dec.
Around this time, maybe earlier for me. It's really funny though cause 2 of the games near the start of the season I won 5-0, and 7-0, both weren't the weakest team in the league. I'm Chester in BSN. My players aren't suffering from over confidence, my team talk would make sure of that, and when viewing the motivation information for the match, none of them were seen as being over confident.

Happened to me the last 10 seasons. I'm Barcelona, and can beat anyone 5-0 away on their day. I go from averaging 6 goals a game in the first 15 league games to 1.5 for the next 10, then back to 5-6+ a game.

Morale is always high, and because we keep winning nothing really changes. But there is definitely something that just "happens" half way through every season that makes me perform worse.

Maybe it's the weather. :lol:

This happens to me too just about every season -- I always assumed there was some kind of hidden modifier that's randomly applied which causes your team to underperform for a stretch. Kind of like a way to simulate a team's bad run of form. Maybe this morale thing is supposed to address it, but it has to start somewhere -- at some point you get drilled in a game where your morale is high and you play much worse than you are capable.

The problem is to cover for other poor areas of the ME Morale has more of an effect so you are more likely to lose despite being on a run. I was unbeaten at the start of the season then lost one. I then won the next one but then lost another and drew 2 and suddenly I had a squad with low morale. Being a Sunday Footballer they won't listen to me anyway and suddenly despite being 5th in the Championship I was down as "Insecure" on the job screen with 7 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats!!!

I am at the end of the season and still 5th and have moved down to insecure again after winning 4-0 against a promotion rival but then the following week getting thumped 4-1 at home by 17th placed Brighton!!

It's like managing a bunch of annoying kids rather than professional footballers. Complaining that medium training is too hard. Whining that they are not getting first team football despite playing like idiots when they do, having no confidence in me blah blah blah.

It is just so random to get results.

The problem is to cover for other poor areas of the ME Morale has more of an effect so you are more likely to lose despite being on a run. I was unbeaten at the start of the season then lost one. I then won the next one but then lost another and drew 2 and suddenly I had a squad with low morale. Being a Sunday Footballer they won't listen to me anyway and suddenly despite being 5th in the Championship I was down as "Insecure" on the job screen with 7 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats!!!

I am at the end of the season and still 5th and have moved down to insecure again after winning 4-0 against a promotion rival but then the following week getting thumped 4-1 at home by 17th placed Brighton!!

It's like managing a bunch of annoying kids rather than professional footballers. Complaining that medium training is too hard. Whining that they are not getting first team football despite playing like idiots when they do, having no confidence in me blah blah blah.

It is just so random to get results.

And because you win those games 5-2, the defenders you gave some games to still get a 6.9 - too high to do anything about it. Even though they completely missed that header for the first and were way out of position for the 2nd, in the game all that is recorded is "6.9 - Did OK". Aggravation! I want an option to properly berate them for not playing well enough in the last few games. "You were at fault for the first goal".

Indeed. It's also pointless having a one to one chat. "You haven't played well recently, pick it up", "Your right boss, I haven't played well, I'll work hard to improve", should be "Your right boss, I haven't played well, don't worry I'll be even worse now we have had this chat!"

Archived