Haven't played since Steam started... gave in and....

I get this beautiful jewel:

--------------------------------------------

Your order is being validated.

To prevent fraud, an additional check of your purchase is required. To this effect, your key will only be sent once your purchase has been validated. The aforementioned check can take up to a few hours. We strive to deliver your key to you as fast as possible.

Hell, if I knew I would have to wait a few hours for some mysterious 'validation', I'd have gotten off my bum, drove to the store 10 mins away, and be playing in 25 minutes. Instead, I have to sit around waiting an unspecified number of hours before the magic validation genie comes back.

I get this beautiful jewel:

Your order is being validated.

To prevent fraud, an additional check of your purchase is required. To this effect, your key will only be sent once your purchase has been validated. The aforementioned check can take up to a few hours. We strive to deliver your key to you as fast as possible.

Hell, if I knew I would have to wait a few hours for some mysterious 'validation', I'd have gotten off my bum, drove to the store 10 mins away, and be playing in 25 minutes. Instead, I have to sit around waiting an unspecified number of hours before the magic validation genie comes back.

And they ask why people pirate....

The mystery validation is due to however you paid and nothing to do with Steam or SI. It's a check to ensure your payment method was valid and correct.

Crap, it just gets worse and worse.... EIGHT hours later, I received the following email:

----------------------------------------

In order to process your order No. XXXXXX made on 25/03/2012, we require some additional information from you. In our fight against the rise of digital distribution fraud, we have had to implement added surveillance methods that, unfortunately, slow down the transaction confirmation process.

As a result, we kindly request that you fill out the form (available here) in order to definitively confirm your order.

So, I go fill out the form... then I get the following message:

We have successfully recorded your confirmation form. You will receive your order upon verification by our Support Team.

-----------------------------------------

What???? so now I have to wait till some worker shous up at work, and MANUALLY VERIFIES????

SI, get your crap together!!! e-payment is supposed to speed up the purchase process, not slow it!

Crap, it just gets worse and worse.... EIGHT hours later, I received the following email:

In order to process your order No. XXXXXX made on 25/03/2012, we require some additional information from you. In our fight against the rise of digital distribution fraud, we have had to implement added surveillance methods that, unfortunately, slow down the transaction confirmation process.

As a result, we kindly request that you fill out the form (available here) in order to definitively confirm your order.

So, I go fill out the form... then I get the following message:

We have successfully recorded your confirmation form. You will receive your order upon verification by our Support Team.

-----------------------------------------

What???? so now I have to wait till some worker shous up at work, and MANUALLY VERIFIES????

SI, get your crap together!!! e-payment is supposed to speed up the purchase process, not slow it!

Might help if you told us exactly where you bought this from. I've never seen anything this from the Steam store.

Visits The Bay That Shall Not Be Named

Complains about additional Distribution Fraud checks.

what more is there to check? SI took money out of my credit card. I am waiting for the dogdamned 'product code' to put on steam. I own the damned thing.

you wont get your game till Monday lunchtime or even a bit later. All about being the weekend and all. You should of bought it from steam. Is this your 2nd thread about this ? some other dude posted pretty much the same thing the same day but said he was 20 mins from the store instead of 10 which you said

Had a friend try to gift me the game through that sega website a few days ago. His order got rejected. Now waiting after another friend tried the same thing today. You're saying they don't validate purchases on the weekend? This is not the type of thing that should only be done 9-5 Monday through Friday.

The game is distributed by SEGA so if you are still having issues wth validation, then please contact SEGA Customer Services who will help with this.

Dear moderator... I would LOVE to be able to contact SEGA.... Do you mind giving me their phone number? they do not have one listed on their site.

I seriously must be the only person in the world who has had no problems with steam whatsoever.

I'm starting to believe that people are making threads to bitch about steam where there just simply is no problem.

SI stick with steam. Seriously.

I seriously must be the only person in the world who has had no problems with steam whatsoever.

I'm starting to believe that people are making threads to bitch about steam where there just simply is no problem.

Those who have no problems have no reason to post about it either. We represent the silent majority :)

That's great and I'm happy for you. Hopefully you never will have a problem, but if you did and came here looking for help/shoulder to cry on, would you appreciate people posting such as you have?

Whatever happened to "assume good faith"?

You haven't had problems with Steam... So there is no need for you to go and upset those that have problems.

Whatever happened to "assume good faith"?

You haven't had problems with Steam... So there is no need for you to go and upset those that have problems.

This! there's a difference between knocking Steam and having problems with it.

Now let's not turn this into the usual:)

I've never had an issue with it - at all. Sits there quietly and I don't even notice it.

That's great and I'm happy for you. Hopefully you never will have a problem, but if you did and came here looking for help/shoulder to cry on, would you appreciate people posting such as you have?

That was uncalled for. The OP got his answer, and I was pointing out a general observation in response to what someone else posted. If every post had to be a response to the OP's question, the "discussion" part of discussion forum would disappear.

Archived