how can I get a red card from first minute?

Because, it is easyer to play with 10 man then 11. For some reason the ME is stupid in calculating it, so when you are with 10 players, you play carefull, and compact. So, the oposition can't harm you. For examp, I was leading, and the opposit team got 2 red cards in the first half. So in the second half I should be scoring. But I don't. Because the AI closed every single part of the field, and it seams that a 3-3-2 formation or the best is 4-3-2 (when they have only 1 red) are amazing, and you can't beat them. So how can I get my red card from begining? Or will you look after this sick problem of the game.

Thanks

cheers

What a load of rubbish. The AI doesn't play better with 10, it just makes its team a lot harder to break down, by going much more defensive. Have you never actually watched real football? Its very common that a team playing with 10 sits back a lot more, plays on the counter attack and makes it very hard to score.

Why when always try to criticise game,someone come arround and says this is rubbish,nonsense,its your tactics,you suck ,you are the only one with this problem(and i see this over and over on forum)etc.Accepting critics is first step for improvement.Fm2012 is a wonderfull game but far from being perfect.

Too offen AI plays same or even better after they got 1 man out,they play weird formations such 432 4131 522 and so on and by doing this, magically they play so good like i am in 10 men.

Did you change your tactics once they had men sent off? Often, just playing how you usually do isn't enough to take full advantage of a sending off.

Were you trying anything different from when you were 11 v 11? Try offloading both flanks, stretching the width etc?

Because it is a load of rubbish, of course the AI doesn't play better when it's down to ten men, just like your team won't play better when you're down to ten men.

What happens is that AI plays more defensively, which quite obviously makes it harder to break down, but if you stick to your tactics you'll almost always break them down eventually, with the AI getting hardly any shots on target.

But if you instead of sticking to your tactics start throwing more men forward to break their defense, you'll often get caught on the counter, and end up conceding.

Because it is a load of rubbish, of course the AI doesn't play better when it's down to ten men, just like your team won't play better when you're down to ten men.

What happens is that AI plays more defensively, which quite obviously makes it harder to break down, but if you stick to your tactics you'll almost always break them down eventually, with the AI getting hardly any shots on target.

But if you instead of sticking to your tactics start throwing more men forward to break their defense, you'll often get caught on the counter, and end up conceding.

Nope you are wrong here,usually ai doesnt close the game,they sacrifice 1 defender or midfielder keeping same strategy for example a 4231 become 4131 or 442 becomes 432 or 342.I saw too offen this kind of manouvers from ai so all what u said is irrelevant or rubish if u prefer this word.

How is it irrelevant? This is all from my experience, and how I have had succes with my game. I don't recall ever losing a game where I wasn't behind already when the AI got a man sent off.

And how come other people have this problems.by not having this problem did u consider being a problem for others or in general,were in some cases its possible(from ME not calculating properly in some cases just an example).How can u be so sure that is perfectly ok after all is a game and if it would be real life i would agree that is rubbish,but in a simulated game this kind of errors could be possible.

And how come other people have this problems.by not having this problem did u consider being a problem for others or in general,were in some cases its possible(from ME not calculating properly in some cases just an example).How can u be so sure that is perfectly ok after all is a game and if it would be real life i would agree that is rubbish,but in a simulated game this kind of errors should be possible.

I'm sorry, that made very little sense to me, but from what I did understand I can say that I certainly don't think the game is perfect, and I obviously can't tell you why others are having this problem. All I know is that I'm not having a problem with this part of the game.

Nope you are wrong here,usually ai doesnt close the game,they sacrifice 1 defender or midfielder keeping same strategy for example a 4231 become 4131 or 442 becomes 432 or 342.I saw too offen this kind of manouvers from ai so all what u said is irrelevant or rubish if u prefer this word.

I'll ask again then...

What tactical adjustments did you make once your opponent went one man down? As TeddyBearsDontLie says, just throwing men forward to a locked down defence rarely works and will just open you up to a counter.

Find that perspective irrelevant? Find me a match in real life where a team hasn't tweaked their tactics with a numerical advantage. Its all about width and overloading your opponent in areas that will undermine their defensive organisation.

I'll ask again then...

What tactical adjustments did you make once your opponent went one man down? As TeddyBearsDontLie says, just throwing men forward to a locked down defence rarely works and will just open you up to a counter.

Find that perspective irrelevant? Find me a match in real life where a team hasn't tweaked their tactics with a numerical advantage. Its all about width and overloading your opponent in areas that will undermine their defensive organisation.

I usually keep same formation,but i adapt it from how ai plays,for example if AI doesnt play 442/4411 i exploit flanks or if ai plays 442,4411 i exploit middle.

Do you look to bring in your full-backs on the over-lap? Make your team press more and push up your defensive line? Keep possession in your own half to tease your opponents forward?

There's plenty of gambits and tactics you need to try to outfox their 10 men in proper siege mentality mode before you can claim the AI plays better with a man off.

Do you look to bring in your full-backs on the over-lap? Make your team press more and push up your defensive line? Keep possession in your own half to tease your opponents forward?

There's plenty of gambits and tactics you need to try to outfox their 10 men in proper siege mentality mode before you can claim the AI plays better with a man off.

When i exploit middle i keep my fulbacks with arrows down,and if i exploit flanks yes i overlap with fulbacks while keeping 1 dmc/mc with arrow down as cover.

When i exploit middle i keep my fulbacks with arrows down,and if i exploit flanks yes i overlap with fulbacks while keeping 1 dmc/mc with arrow down as cover.

Sounds like you could be being too cautious using reverse arrows on your full-backs to be honest. Having your full-backs push up should push any of their wide players into deeper positions within their own half, especially if you're using a DM to cover the gaps.

How is your attacking unit generally set up? Could it be that your players aren't taking the time to find a way through the defence rather than just 'going for it'? Do you use a playmaker or playmakers?

So I had one more time the same thing. The problem lies on ME not able to calculate the match flow with one team having a different number of player then the opposition. I was leading 0:1, and there was a straight red card for AI in minute 26'. Now, from the free kick my guys scored for 0:2. So far so good. But now what is happening. I am still playing my 4-3-3 formation, and the AI changed from 4-4-2 to 4-3-2 with the midle 3 are MR, MC and ML. So why I am playing 4-3-3 where the middle 3 are DM and 2 MC and the middle striker comes allways back as a target man to suppliye the two other forwards with a good pass, I should have the oppore hands in the middle. Do I? No, I don't. Why? My DMC is running crazy, he can't establish his position because the second MC of opponent team is missing so he doesn't know what to do. therefor, there are now 3 players of my in the middle and only 1 of the AI, and they can't open them self, to have more space, and if they do, then the passes are uncoordinate, and often goes in wrong direction. Because the AI has only 1 MC, there is a big space behind him (MC to DC) where my MCs when they got the ball have a lot of free-space and instead of going forward and bring the 3 FC in a position where everyone has the chance to start a quick attack and bring confusion in the opposit defence, my MC just play a pass in the free space of a strike. But the problem is, my FC has space in front of him, DL and DC are wide positioned so he can run in the 16-meter area, but the pass is not coordinated and to fast. So in 80% the ball is too long and the GK is able to take it. The ME has a precise way how the attack function, and is trying to bring it that why, but in this situation with one man down, it got problems. ME is not able to establish the rules of the middle player, because there is to much free space, so my players seems to be confused of this, that's why there are not able to use this advantage. I mean, when AI is attacking with one of the FC, the otherone and the MC and MR/L are supporting them. But my middfield is still confused and is doubling close players. I explain it on this way: the 3 player in the midfield are working beatifull when they have a 2 or 3 MC against them, but when there is only 1, they don't know where to stay or what to do. They are running like children from player to player. And it comes that the obstacle eachother by doing this. And the same thing is with attack. Where I can use my full power on attack, they are running like fools there, and are scared about the amount of free space given to them. So the ME calculate this stupid long through passes that went in the arms of the outcoming GK.

This thing has to been done, because I don't need to explain my MCs what to do when there is no players in front of them. Because, when I am playinf 11 vs.11 and they have space, they used in a normal way and think about attacking moves (going forward and waiting for a good run to pass the ball, instead of just trowing the ball away).

And I don't think that I am the onlyone how saw this problem. This is far from reality.

cheers.

It's all about picking and choosing where to attack to exploit the opposition in this case. If you push too far forward you will leave yourself open to a swift counter. If you don't push hard enough at them then they will simply sit back and absorb the pressure.

Archived