I'm Done.

I can't play this game anymore.

I'm so gutted with how this series has progressed, the match-day system is no longer a football match, it's merely FM deciding who will win beforehand and then crippling your side, sending players off or simply giving your opposing side absolutely ridiculous goals that would never happen in a real match. The kind of goals that would be a top clip on a bloopers real seem to be common place in every game I play.

This isn't merely bitterness that i'm doing badly or anything like that, infact all of my current seasons have gone brilliantly, I even managed to sit 1st in the Premier League by February with Derby in my first season after promotion. To be honest, with such good luck you might think I shouldn't be complaining, but the match-day engine has become a joke, in my opinion.

Looking past constant injuries/knocks meaning i've often used atleast two subs before half-time, FM decides that I will not win so makes players miss constant sitters from 2 yards and gives the other side a goal in the last minute by making players who know to kick the ball forwards pass it between each other until the opponents get close enough to nick it and score. I've had my goalkeeper leave a ball 5 yards away from him for the striker who's a good 20 yards away to run to it and put it in. Only 5 minutes ago my defender under very little pressure turned around 10 yards out and put it in the top corner of my own net.

I half laughed at seeing it, it was either that or smash my laptop to pieces. But more importantly, it's one of God knows how many signs that the match-engine is no longer a random game that when replayed could go either way, it's simply a pre-determined result with varying scorers/injuries etc. Granted you can replay a game to get a different result, but such a thing takes atleast 10-20 attempts. Not that I want to replay matches, if I get beaten it's fine, but when the game throws an absolute joke of a decision my way I refuse to accept it, and the match engine isn't just breaking, it's meant to do so and will do so in any number of replays. It shouldn't be built that way.

I like alot of the new additions, and though some of them don't work (the reputations system is broken but will be decent once sorted out) and other little things, but with the main part of the game broken, I can't continue to play it. Is anyone else feeling the same? Or am I on my own here?

I did post a thread in a similiar fashion a few months ago, but then it was that i'd had 3 corrupted saves in the space of month and I was wondering if it were just my game or if there was a certain problem or patch to be downloaded. Having finally been able to play through a full season without the game breaking down however, i'm not sure if i'd have been happier had the game continue to stay broken.

Finally, (sorry for the long post, a bit of a rant here) but has anyone got an email for SI Games that I can contact with my thoughts? I'm not looking to insult anyone there or stay on the forums and rant on every similiar thread, i'd simply like to leave them atleast an email with my thoughts. Even if it makes absolutely no difference, i'd atleast like to try incase a message makes any difference to someones design process along the way for the next game.

Cheers.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so gutted with how this series has progressed, the match-day system is no longer a football match, it's merely FM deciding who will win beforehand and then crippling your side, sending players off or simply giving your opposing side absolutely ridiculous goals that would never happen in a real match. The kind of goals that would be a top clip on a bloopers real seem to be common place in every game I play.

This isn't merely bitterness that i'm doing badly or anything like that, infact all of my current seasons have gone brilliantly, I even managed to sit 1st in the Premier League by February with Derby in my first season after promotion. To be honest, with such good luck you might think I shouldn't be complaining, but the match-day engine has become a joke, in my opinion.

Looking past constant injuries/knocks meaning i've often used atleast two subs before half-time, FM decides that I will not win so makes players miss constant sitters from 2 yards and gives the other side a goal in the last minute by making players who know to kick the ball forwards pass it between each other until the opponents get close enough to nick it and score. I've had my goalkeeper leave a ball 5 yards away from him for the striker who's a good 20 yards away to run to it and put it in. Only 5 minutes ago my defender under very little pressure turned around 10 yards out and put it in the top corner of my own net.

I half laughed at seeing it, it was either that or smash my laptop to pieces. But more importantly, it's one of God knows how many signs that the match-engine is no longer a random game that when replayed could go either way, it's simply a pre-determined result with varying scorers/injuries etc. Granted you can replay a game to get a different result, but such a thing takes atleast 10-20 attempts. Not that I want to replay matches, if I get beaten it's fine, but when the game throws an absolute joke of a decision my way I refuse to accept it, and the match engine isn't just breaking, it's meant to do so and will do so in any number of replays. It shouldn't be built that way.

I like alot of the new additions, and though some of them don't work (the reputations system is broken but will be decent once sorted out) and other little things, but with the main part of the game broken, I can't continue to play it. Is anyone else feeling the same? Or am I on my own here?

I did post a thread in a similiar fashion a few months ago, but then it was that i'd had 3 corrupted saves in the space of month and I was wondering if it were just my game or if there was a certain problem or patch to be downloaded. Having finally been able to play through a full season without the game breaking down however, i'm not sure if i'd have been happier had the game continue to stay broken.

Finally, (sorry for the long post, a bit of a rant here) but has anyone got an email for SI Games that I can contact with my thoughts? I'm not looking to insult anyone there or stay on the forums and rant on every similiar thread, i'd simply like to leave them atleast an email with my thoughts. Even if it makes absolutely no difference, i'd atleast like to try incase a message makes any difference to someones design process along the way for the next game.

Cheers.

Its football you need to deal with it, it seems your the only one that seems to get his own player, shooting at your own goal.

maybe your team is not good enough? and hows the reputations system broke?

I realise that chap, if a team scores a decent goal against me i'm fine with it, but literally 3 out of 4 goals against me will be ridiculous. All three of my current saves i'm either 1st or on course for promotion, so my teams aren't doing badly, the match engine is just absolutely ridiculous.

I don't understand how bad it has become to me, but perhaps that's just it, maybe i'm the only one really unhappy with it?

Its football you need to deal with it, it seems your the only one that seems to get his own player, shooting at your own goal.

I've actually seen something similar before. Except it was an AI defender that managed to feel frightened of my striker that was at least 10 meter away - he decided to turn around and shoot the ball into his own net :)

I realise that chap, if a team scores a decent goal against me i'm fine with it, but literally 3 out of 4 goals against me will be ridiculous. All three of my current saves i'm either 1st or on course for promotion, so my teams aren't doing badly, the match engine is just absolutely ridiculous.

I don't understand how bad it has become to me, but perhaps that's just it, maybe i'm the only one really unhappy with it?

The ME is almost the same from FM11.

What has changed is, that its now much more difficult to keep your players' morale very high for a longer term, that players losing confidence and moral much quicker, that one result can destroy the team's motivation/morale, no matter how good your doing so far, that team talks are almost as important as your tactics and also that the home team has too much crowd advantage in my view.

so, all you can do, is either accepting these new rules, or you switch to an older version of the game ;)

maybe your team is not good enough? and hows the reputations system broke?

Well, no he's not. Has happened to me. Its not football, its a game. Why do we pay £29.99 for a game on release date that year by year needs 2/3 full patch fixes? If I'm paying £30 for a game I want one that works. If I can be bothered with FM13 I'll be waiting until around this time next year (providing the Mayans aren't right and the world has ended by this time next year), when all patches are released and the game is priced round £8-10 as it was on sale a few days back.

As I write this, I just conceded a goal where their winger crossed the ball in from the touchline, my centre half, unchallenged, inexplicably turns his back to the ball, the ball strikes him on the back from 10 yards and ends up in the back of my net. Me: 21shots, 18 on target. Opposition: 2 shots, 1 on target. FINAL SCORE: 1-1

:o

After finishing my first season unbeaten and champions, I still have to agree that team moral now plays a huge part of the game now. Has it made the game better? I really don't really think it has, it's just become another added obstacle to try to understand, like tactics have always been when you first play the game, but at least with tactics you can sometimes understand the cause and effect of issuing different instructions. Adding more ambiguity isn't going to aid a novice in understanding the game.

I went through a stage in my first season, after the New Year, were my STR had 18 goals from 20 games, and became disillusioned after I praised my team in a meeting. He didn't score again for seven games, until I told him his performances had been poor and he needed too improve them in the player interaction screen.

I like to play FM quick, because I watch most games in full view, so when there's no transfer window, I like to bounce from game to game, not really doing much else in between other then tinkering with my tactic, adjusting my scouts, or looking for potential signings.

So, if implementing team talks that can cause incredibly dips in moral for inane reasons, it just seems more of a negative gimmick then a useful tool. I now dunno whether not holding any team meetings will also have a negative effect, or is this feature something I can now completely ignore?

Persoanlly, I would urge ppl to save their game before holding a team meeting, so if the reactions are negative, whether you've praised your team or not, you can reload to avoid loosing a decent level of moral you've already achieved. I suppose this way you can use trial and error to attempt to understand how affecting moral really works. Personally, it's just a nuisance. If players cannot be buoyed by playing well and remaining unbeaten, why should anything you say change that?

Or if not holding team meetings make absolutely no difference, just interacting with players individually is probably the best solution.

Maybe if the team meetings feature is a stayer, SI could add a toggle in team policy so your Assman could take them, like he does press interviews. Even if this does become the case, I would still save my game before team meetings in the future.

From what i see now morale,team reputation and other unknown factors overwhelms players stats and tactics.I struggle to make 1 decent tactic at least for my team to not have weird results meaning i beat 2-3 teams in a row and suddenly 4th being beated by a team who try to evoid relegation,wich doesnt make sence.Or i beat top team in 1 match and next match to a weaker sides im trashed and dominated and i get a lucky draw...

I am glad that you posted this thread because i have posted similar posts and i thought i was the only one. There are some really odd things happening in the matches one of the things that is really irritating me is something that would never ever happen in real life. Sometimes if my defender is running for a ball he will get about 5 yards from it and just stop running and then the striker will get in front of him and have a chance on goal. Why would a defender under pressure stop running for the ball, he would run towards it and get it the hell out even if that means conceding a corner or a throw in. A defender in real life would never ever just stop running.

From what i see now morale,team reputation and other unknown factors overwhelms players stats and tactics.I struggle to make 1 decent tactic at least for my team to not have weird results meaning i beat 2-3 teams in a row and suddenly 4th being beated by a team who try to evoid relegation,wich doesnt make sence.Or i beat top team in 1 match and next match to a weaker sides im trashed and dominated and i get a lucky draw...

These are all the main issues which i am experiencing in this new football manager. Its just got to the point where i really cant be bothered anymore. I am tired of dominating and destroying the top teams and then my team plays like absolute crap against the lower teams. I have tried everything from harsh team talks expecting the win to a softer approach, I have tried all kinds of different football. It makes no difference. However i do refuse to believe it is just something built into the game, it has to be something that i personally am doing wrong, but i cannot for the life of me work out what it is.

Morale on this game has ruined the whole game. You could go on a 10 game winning streak and just get your team to the highest morale possible then you get a loss and from that result onwards your team struggles for any kind of form or morale. It is much much harder to get positive morale than it is to get negative morale. This really does need to be addressed.

After finishing my first season unbeaten and champions, I still have to agree that team moral now plays a huge part of the game now. Has it made the game better? I really don't really think it has, it's just become another added obstacle to try to understand, like tactics have always been when you first play the game, but at least with tactics you can sometimes understand the cause and effect of issuing different instructions. Adding more ambiguity isn't going to aid a novice in understanding the game.

My feelings too, the concept might be realistic but the execution isn't and probably can't be, so it's just a great big yawn factor to me.

Against weaker teams it's a good idea to have a more patient approach. If you are too offensive it's much easier to take you by surprise and launch a counter - which weaker teams will do as they operate more defensively. So take a more patient approach (play standard maybe control when you have the game in control) and press high and let your opponents with only little time on the ball (stress them).

When they implemented player morale in football manager live made by SI the game play suffered for it, the amount of complaints was second to none.

The only way to get round the issue is use FMRTE tool and that will change the morale issues which in truth are not realistic enough for my liking.

How a star striker goes from high morale to low after putting in tons of goals is anyone's guess, you could understand if the player got a bad injury or sent off which might effect there moods but mostly there is no reason for it.

That's the problem with soak tests, the raw data will look realistic but the way the final numbers are attained can be very unrealistic & unnoticed.

.....Sometimes if my defender is running for a ball he will get about 5 yards from it and just stop running and then the striker will get in front of him and have a chance on goal.

Apparently this is a bug, and was evident in FM2011 too. There's a thread somewhere where this has been confirmed by SI.

I did amaze me that on the same thread, some users argued it wasn't a bug, and blamed the ME for poorly displaying that a player will get to the ball ahead of another player regardless of which player is closest to the ball. So the ME slows down the closest player, and allows the furthest one to collect the ball, making things look pretty odd.

I just cannot understand that regardless of bugs and personal interpretation of the ME, that hidden circumstances override the player attributes. Why do I spend hours studying potential signings attributes if now and again they mean nothing in the match engine.

Why buy a quick player if he is going to be outrun by a much slower one? And attributes shouldn't be a combination of each other, you may as well have one attribute instead of dribbling, flair, technique, because if someone was good at dribbling he would naturally have good flair and technique too. Instead of pace and acceleration, just have speed. Again, all these attributes just adds to to the ambiguity for new gamers. And I am sure, if attributes only really work in combination, it must make things difficult to program.

Why confuse matters for all concerned, including yourselves?

the reason why these freak things happen is due to poor morale implementation and the unrealistic impact that teamtalks have. teamtalks have just become way too important, even way more than the tactics. in FM, if you give a good team talk and bad tactics you have a good chance of winning, if you give the wrong teamtalk and have an excellent tactic, your chances of winning is minimal, and this is where the ME forces these red cards/injuries/2 yard misses to occur. the effects of team talks must be minimized.

It's been stated that the ME is being rebuilt because it can't be adjusted any further to eliminate these niggling problems, there's no guarantee the new version will make it for FM13 though.

Hmmm, I've played 13/14 seasons and I haven't had any of these issues... Actually the opposite - so far it's been quite easy to keep a decent to superb morale. Of course sometimes morale of some players plummet, but I guess that's what to be expected - top morale season through would be highly unrealistic. And in a matter of weeks it's back up...

Cheers.

I used to be as big of a sook as you've come across in this post, but then I over the course of years doubled in height and learned there was a world beyond me. Now, rather than going over old ground, let's just redirect you to a thread about having a sook about the "unrealistic game": What a joke, sort it out SI!

Some of these other complaints are actually interesting though. Are you actually a Derby fan, or are you just playing as them? I ask because if you actually do support them and have I'm sure you'll know that Derby in the last few seasons have gone through injury crises far worse than the game is likely to dish up. In fact, I've yet to see a probably with the injures, they are if anything maybe a bit too infrequent, although that's probably a good thing for gameplay sake.

So, two questions then:

1. How do you know that the game "decides" who's going to win (refer to the 'What a joke, sort it out SI!' thread)?

2. What has happened to make the games not load?

I ask the second question as I haven't had a game that can't load in about 5 versions, and that was caused by my laptop having a cataclysmic crash!

I am happy because I always go on holiday for match-day & never watch the ME, apart from the goal highlights afterwards. I have played this game for so long to watch a whole game on the ME is just a hassle. Have to say though, I see nothing untoward , or silly, tactic-wise in the highlights.

I think that it's not the ME that's the problem but the 3d view. The way certain elements of the ME are translated to the 3d view make for some annoying viewing. I hate when defenders seem to walk for a ball with no urgency or passes seem to just bounce off my strikers for no reason. I think the me is trying to tell me that those players are having a shocker.

It's been stated that the ME is being rebuilt because it can't be adjusted any further to eliminate these niggling problems, there's no guarantee the new version will make it for FM13 though.

This comment shows everything that is wrong with this series.

Sega want every FM to be released in time for the Christmas market regardless if the game is ready for release,If the new match engine will not be ready then guess what?

The game is not ready!

Really sick of this to be honest,I have bought every CM/FM since 97/98,this year I voted with my wallet and did not buy it until just this month when it was on sale for 8 Euro.

The game could easily be held back until even May the following year so it was finished,add a patch in September with the transfer updates and bug fixes then another patch to fix anything else around Christmas with a further patch in February with the latest transfers.

Really tired of Sega taking a dump on loyal customers.

If you ask a lot of other companies "when will the game release?"

There reply is "when it is ready!"

Bad enough that the case is "there's no guarantee the new version will make it for FM13 though." but to openly admit it begs belief.

I think I will just skip FM if this is the standards they have now dropped too,even giving 8 Euro when it is on sale just feels wrong.

Just because the ME may not get altered much, doesn't mean that nothing else changes, you will probably get many other changes within the game structure, and many many other improvements and bug fixes.

You mean there may be an option to give the coaches a talk where you can use different tones?

Honestly it does not matter if you add a few extra micro managing details if the match engine is not ready then the game is not ready,no way to defend this action of releasing a game when you are still working on 1 of the main parts.

The game simply comes out too often. What is wrong with selling it annually as a mod once you have bought an earlier edition.

Answer: Because they can sell the game at £30 every time. I too bought the game via Steam for around £8.

They may as well start producing mods or updates for every transfer window for £8, that way the game will always be fully updated, and then it is our choice to begin the game again with the new update with transfer market changes installed.

You mean there may be an option to give the coaches a talk where you can use different tones?

Honestly it does not matter if you add a few extra micro managing details if the match engine is not ready then the game is not ready,no way to defend this action of releasing a game when you are still working on 1 of the main parts.

But what can you define as ready ?? as no matter when SI Release fm13 people will always find faults and bugs with the game and the M.E, and there going to want the public to try the new M.E again no matter if its finished or not as they will want feed back from all corners not just the in house testers etc

So, two questions then:

1. How do you know that the game "decides" who's going to win (refer to the 'What a joke, sort it out SI!' thread)?

2. What has happened to make the games not load?

I ask the second question as I haven't had a game that can't load in about 5 versions, and that was caused by my laptop having a cataclysmic crash!

I'm quoting 'Some Guy!' here but i'll basically reply to most of what has been said.

For question 1) I've replayed some games where i've had goals go against me that would grace every bloopers DVD from now until the end of time, and they're constant. I don't mind losing, I was playing as AFC Telford previously and i'd lost around 5 games that season which happens in football, to have only 5 losses is extremely lucky. But in some games i'd played, ridiculous things would happen. Examples:

* Goals that were offside would count, which again happens, but the game wouldn't recognise that they were offside, the referee's analysis would say they'd had a great game.

* Players would, as bullybeef has said in his second post, simply stop next to the ball to let another player reach it and score.

* My left-back and centre-back passing it between each other until someone reaches them, upon which point they'll either give it away, get tackled, or boot it directly to their playmaker who will ultimately create a goal. Now why, when the fifty times before it that left-back has simply passed it to the left winger (upon instruction) would the defender do that?

* My goalkeeper will kick the ball long under no pressure, and every time he does it, a goal is conceded. He is told to pass it out at every goal kick and his passing is set to as short as possible. In the right circumstance, he does need to boot it out, but with no-one within 20 yards of him and his passing set to short as possible, why would he go against tactics? And why does it always result in a goal? My average side is never good at heading, my sides pass teams to death (or atleast attempt to, there's a limit to how much you can do in the BSP) and so all players are told to pass to feet.

*Finally, the MOTHER of all sins, the long throw in! Set it to short, tell your poacher and defensive mid to stand next to your throw-in taker (usually my full-backs) and every so often they will throw it long into the box when no-one is there, only for the defenders to obviously simply take the ball and eventually someone will score. That one move has a 100% record against me for goals, and there's no way to stop it.

I could go on, the lack of marking at throw-ins that someone else has posted the pic of is another issue. I can deal with losing, I actually like adversity and having to change formations and switch things around to get through a tricky patch, but what I can't stand is the ME itself. And morale is no problem for me I should add, i've never had a problem with it. For me, simply revolving between the main "Passionate" talk and then "Assertive - I have faith in you" works in almost all situations. If you're being smashed at half time going attacking and having a go at them works for me.

Question 2) I can't answer, I don't know why it was breaking, I felt very ripped off though (I presumed it to be dodgy coding but when it hadn't happened to others, i'm thinking it's just my particular CD etc). I tried twice to reach january and both times it crashed, another required the xml fix and that also corrupted the file, though SI have warned about that one before. I've simply started backing up saves twice now, didn't want to take the risk of losing the saves again.

I just want a ME that works, I want teams to score good goals against me. What I don't want is a ME that dis-regards players attributes and will simply screw you over to put in motion the result that it has decided long before you start the match. I want to be able to replay a game and see a somewhat different outcome. Not because I want to replay games to get wins, that ruins the point of playing the game, but I don't want a game that's scripted to the point that the ME causes ridiculous things to happen to your players/tactics in order to give the other side a goal. I want to play a game where such mistakes are a rarity and teams simply out-play you, rather than this kind of rubbish. If they're truly re-making the ME then i'll not buy another till that one is out, i'll stick to older versions.

Oh, and yes, i'm a Derby fan and the injuries I get are equal to some of those spells which is fair enough, but the amount of time such injuries are for are such that i've had to abandon one campaign with a League Two side as I simply couldn't put a side out to compete for several months. The knocks are the main aggravation, going to Chelsea and within ten minutes seeing three defenders on 60% due to knocks is a real pain, i'd rather knocks were a rarity to be honest, or atleast didn't hit for as much fitness as they do. I often have to sub those concerned, leaving me screwed for the second half should anyone else need replacing.

(TL : DR I know, apologies folks)

The ME could obviously be improved but it is not that bad.

I agree, but the rate that it is progressing compared to the rest of the game is not good enough. Too often we are seeing features that the majority of players don't use sneaking in when improving the ME is the best thing that can be done to the game.

Let's face it - any new leagues, etc would be nice features, but what we would all make use of in 100% of FM games is the match engine being improved. It's not come far enough in the last few years and that is a poor state of affairs.

They can now easily just add DLC(Download content)as every single person now has it on Steam.

They wont though as they know they can sell it for full price.

I can honestly say I had the release marked on my calendar every year since 1998 and gladly paid full price,not anymore though.

It is not SI's fault but Sega's need to hit the Christmas market....I have news for you Sega...FM would sell just as big if the release was in May,maybe even bigger as there is no competition with the big AAA+ titles and also the football season is over and guys like me would still want there fix.

If the new match engine is not ready in time then they can forget even getting me to buy an unfinished game even when it is on sale.

Really it just boils down to "mahh just release it those guys will buy it anyway"

It's really a bit premature to be making judgments on FM13, we don't know the next ME iteration won't be in it, but equally we don't know it will.

Best to wait till a lot closer to the day, as for release date it's always been October/November 'ish not because Sega decree it but because that's as early as they can get it out after the summer transfers are completed.

But what can you define as ready ?? as no matter when SI Release fm13 people will always find faults and bugs with the game and the M.E, and there going to want the public to try the new M.E again no matter if its finished or not as they will want feed back from all corners not just the in house testers etc

I would define as "ready" is if there is something they are working on(the new match engine)was in fact in the next release,honestly how can anyone defend the action of releasing a game when they openly admit they are working on something as big as a new match engine but release the game with the comment "sorry but the new match engine still needs some work so never made it into the game"...I am amazed that any player of the series could think this was ok.

I would define as "ready" is if there is something they are working on(the new match engine)was in fact in the next release,honestly how can anyone defend the action of releasing a game when they openly admit they are working on something as big as a new match engine but release the game with the comment "sorry but the new match engine still needs some work so never made it into the game"...I am amazed that any player of the serious could think this was ok.

You did and bought the game...

I agree with the OP. The current ME is terrible and a real turn off. I love this version. I think the team talks and player interactions is excellent. I like the fact that morale can tank after one defeat. I can handle having 21 shots on target and losing 1-0 to the oppositions only shot because that's football.

What i don't like is watching 3D matches and seeing 80% of the goals scored for and against me being scored because of sunday league defending rather than great attacking play. That is not football.

I'll continue on and hope the next version is better.

But for it to be said that there are no issues or it's your tactics is plain stupid. Either get 3D working or take it out. For me it ruins what could be an awesome game.

Daylight, there is so much work involved in the ME rebuild that they can't yet accurately predict when it will be fit and ready to put into the game, they didn't have to even mention it but they did because they're up front.

What a great comment from a Mod...I bought this game 2012 for 8 Euro,as far as I know they were not working on a new match engine smartass for 2012,I have heard they are working on a new 1 for 2013 which I will not buy if it is released before SI have time to finish the work.

Now back to your cave.

Daylight, there is so much work involved in the ME rebuild that they can't yet accurately predict when it will be fit and ready to put into the game, they didn't have to even mention it but they did because they're up front.

Plus imagine the uproar if they released it far to early and gave into public demand. We'd be no better off than now. It's better they take their time and make it the best they can.

Which is why the game should be delayed until SI have time to finish it.

What a great comment from a Mod...I bought this game 2012 for 8 Euro,as far as I know they were not working on a new match engine smartass for 2012,I have heard they are working on a new 1 for 2013 which I will not buy if it is released before SI have time to finish the work.

Now back to your cave.

They aren't working on a new ME for FM13, they're working on one for whenever it's fit to release, which may or may not be in time for 13, a small but important distinction.

I would define as "ready" is if there is something they are working on(the new match engine)was in fact in the next release,honestly how can anyone defend the action of releasing a game when they openly admit they are working on something as big as a new match engine but release the game with the comment "sorry but the new match engine still needs some work so never made it into the game"...I am amazed that any player of the series could think this was ok.

Because what you define as ready or me or SI Will be totally different, and if they dont release at some point how are they ment to get our thoughts on it ?? are you telling me that say SI did't release fm13 for like say a year today that once it was released people still would't find faults etc ?? of course they would thats how it is

Now back to your cave.

You might want to rethink your tone.

I was just pointing out that you can't think it's as bad as you are saying or you wouldn't have bought it full stop. And they mentioned when FM11 was released about the new ME :thup:. And whoever told you or where ever you heard FM13 for the new ME is misleading. SI have not stated a time or date when it will be released.

I agree with the OP. The current ME is terrible and a real turn off. I love this version. I think the team talks and player interactions is excellent. I like the fact that morale can tank after one defeat. I can handle having 21 shots on target and losing 1-0 to the oppositions only shot because that's football.

What i don't like is watching 3D matches and seeing 80% of the goals scored for and against me being scored because of sunday league defending rather than great attacking play. That is not football.

I'll continue on and hope the next version is better.

But for it to be said that there are no issues or it's your tactics is plain stupid. Either get 3D working or take it out. For me it ruins what could be an awesome game.

Exactly my point.

I should also point out that I only play in 2D now and all of these issues still happen, I dread to think how broken this laptop would be had I been playing in 3D for the last few campaigns! I know a few people have suggested in other threads that the 3D doesn't translate what happened in the 2D too well sometimes which could be part of the problem, well it appears to me atleast that it isn't working well regardless of how you view it.

You might want to rethink your tone.

Actually it was you that brought this tone into the topic.

I was putting my thoughts across which I thought was very fair.

As said by a mod in this topic SI are working on a new match engine but it may not be ready in time for FM13.

I feel this is wrong and the game should be held back until the new engine is ready,like I said earlier if you ask other companies "when will the game release?" there answer is "when it is ready!"

To your sarcastic remark,I had no idea they were working on a new match engine,infact I remember reading that they had made a lot of new changes to the match engine for 2012,I did not buy at release as there did not seem to be that many changes from 2011,at least not one's that changed the game greatly for me.

I support SI and always have but not this need to get the game out for the Christmas market.

Archived