Steam - updating, updating Steam, FM not running

It's a platform through which one can buy and download games. I've been reasonably happy with it. The problem has occured on my second restart after the patch update. I'm sure there'll be a fix soon, mate. I have one more week off work so I'd like to get my East Stirlingshire team up through the leagues and I have a Challenge Cup final v Partick to play!

The game has just crashed on me. The FM window simply closed...woosh, no warning, no ****! When I click on Steam, it says this -

"Steam.exe (main exception) : The registery is in use by another proccess, timeout expired."

Bloody fuming here.

The game has just crashed on me. The FM window simply closed...woosh, no warning, no ****! When I click on Steam, it says this -

"Steam.exe (main exception) : The registery is in use by another proccess, timeout expired."

Bloody fuming here.

Check that your system time and date are correct.

Hi all, Many thanks to Neil Brock who was a massive help in finally enabling me to get this sorted. I tried quite a few things to no avail. Thanks to Neil, I found this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15362738&postcount=246http://

For me, the solution was to download the oldest version of Steam from the link. It dloaded and did the updates, I then had the steam servers issue that can happen after typing in username/password where it says 'cannot connect to steam servers'. I went to the Steam website and logged in there, then restarted Steam - I didn't need to log in again. I then had to dload FM12 again but all is working nicely and I am back to my East Stirlingshire game!:D Thanks again Neil and I hope this can help others.

Archived