DE JAVU?

dont worry this is't a rant i love the game but i cant help but have de javu everytime i start a new game

pandev to arsenal

luka modrich chelsea or milan

jerome thomas QPR from charlton

mathuie delprie newcastle or firontina

just to name a few i no its to do with the codeing which i understand is difficult but it would be nice to see abit of randomnes in new games so it feels like a new game.because most time all that changes is the team you take over everything else around you seems to act the same

dont worry this is't a rant i love the game but i cant help but have de javu everytime i start a new game

pandev to arsenal

luka modrich chelsea or milan

jerome thomas QPR from charlton

mathuie delprie newcastle or firontina

just to name a few i no its to do with the codeing which i understand is difficult but it would be nice to see abit of randomnes in new games so it feels like a new game.because most time all that changes is the team you take over everything else around you seems to act the same

Mutu went to Liverpool on my current save, but Chelsea did sign Modric.

The one that annoys me is Giuseppe Rossi from Villareal to someone bigger for a ridiculous amount.

Having said that, Liverpool just spent £57m on David Villa, which they would never do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Imperius:

It's "deja vous" me old mucker! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it's 'deja vu'.

i know wot your saying pricey but its just 1 of them little things that niggles at me.

its not just players either its same for staff,when you place job adverts same staff always reply,

also back to the transfers and i knoe this as been brought up many times but the fees for some players are mad,ive seen inter milan buy rossi from villareal for 32m in second season despite him only scoring 12 goals and having an avarage rating of 7.22 or sumot season before no manager gona spend that on a avarage player after an avarage season,i know its only a game but its gota keep it real because thats wot make it stand out from other games

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Imperius:

Actually, it's 'deja vu'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected (again)!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

I've just found out "deja vous" is the feeling that you've been yourself before in a previous life, as opposed to "deja vu" which, as Mike correctly indicated, is the sense that you've been in a situation before.

Bill Bryson would like that!

You learn something new everyday around here! Well, I do, anyway.

I've just found out "deja vous" is the feeling that you've been yourself before in a previous life, as opposed to "deja vu" which, as Mike correctly indicated, is the sense that you've been in a situation before.

Bill Bryson would like that!

You learn something new everyday around here! Well, I do, anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting stuff!

i tried to gazump chelsea for modric but he still went to them.

any way the top teams will always go for the same players.

when you consider somethings are preset like shortlists, amount of money they start will, players unahppiness or teams willingness to sell certain players then its not inconceivable that the same trasnfers will happen again and again.

The one that annoys me is Giuseppe Rossi from Villareal to someone bigger for a ridiculous amount.

Having said that, Liverpool just spent £57m on David Villa, which they would never do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wouldn't Liverpool buy Villa? They bought some other Spanish striker for a ludicrous amount of money and he's not doing too badly...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pablo1986:

Having said that, Liverpool just spent £57m on David Villa, which they would never do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wouldn't Liverpool buy Villa? They bought some other Spanish striker for a ludicrous amount of money and he's not doing too badly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye it was closer to 20 million though rather than 60 icon_wink.gif

its Deja Vu actually

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GRANTOMAC:

its Deja Vu actually </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I'm having deja vu myself as I'm sure he's been correctly corrected before icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pablo1986:

Why wouldn't Liverpool buy Villa? They bought some other Spanish striker for a ludicrous amount of money and he's not doing too badly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless they were taken over by an Abramovich-type owner, are you really suggesting Liverpool would ever go out and spend nigh on £60m on a player?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

On 802 Kompany always goes to Newcastle or Tottenham for me. And yes, Mutu to Arsenal, Rossi goes somewhere for a ludicrous amount of cash, and Tevez leave Man U for Real Madrid or Barca in the second or third season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Kompany to Tottenham is another one.

Joaquín to Arsenal, anyone?

There's no such thing as preset shortlists (as far as I am aware), at least not in the sense of having shortlists stored in the initial game database or anything like that. All that's happening is that all clubs start with the exact same squad of players with the same problems in the same areas of the pitch, the same manager in charge of buying players, the same chairman making the same amount of cash available, the same willingness to sell their players and so on. It's no suprise that similar transfers happen time and again. In fact, I'd be more worried if the same transfers weren't happening, as it at least shows that the game is working consistently. And anyway, as the game progress further in the future the random elements will start to creep in and all games will end up very different.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigdunk:

There's no such thing as preset shortlists (as far as I am aware), at least not in the sense of having shortlists stored in the initial game database or anything like that. All that's happening is that all clubs start with the exact same squad of players with the same problems in the same areas of the pitch, the same manager in charge of buying players, the same chairman making the same amount of cash available, the same willingness to sell their players and so on. It's no suprise that similar transfers happen time and again. In fact, I'd be more worried if the same transfers weren't happening, as it at least shows that the game is working consistently. And anyway, as the game progress further in the future the random elements will start to creep in and all games will end up very different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes a lot of sense. Top-quality post! icon14.gif

The one that annoys me is Giuseppe Rossi from Villareal to someone bigger for a ridiculous amount. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah what is that all about!? Next time I start a new game i'm going to reduce his PA/CA in the editor. No matter how average a season he has with Villareal, Chelsea always pay around 50+ million for him. Stupid icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

The one that annoys me is Giuseppe Rossi from Villareal to someone bigger for a ridiculous amount. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah what is that all about!? Next time I start a new game i'm going to reduce his PA/CA in the editor. No matter how average a season he has with Villareal, Chelsea always pay around 50+ million for him. Stupid icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Man. United fan, but I never bought into the Rossi hype. He had talent, but he never impressed me sufficiently for me to believe he'd make it with us. I gather he's doing okay at Villarreal, but the fees he commands on the game are just ludicrous, in my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pricey85:

My understanding was that managers start with preset shortlists. If that is true then it is not far-fetched to expect managers to pursue the same players in a high percentage of games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As has been said many many times before.

Teams need a player from a certain position, to a certain standard.

This is true at the start of every new game (since the time doesn't go backwards), that's why you see clubs buying the same player everytime.

On '07 Downing would always go to Aston Villa and so on and so forth....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sidnv:

I actually bought Rossi for $67m and he turned out really good.

I find that Pandev always goes to Chelsea in the first Transfer Window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pandev still hasn't moved in my current save and i'm at the end of the 3rd season icon_smile.gif

but i agree, he usually goes to chelsea

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

"deja vous" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

said in a del trotter voice icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Po poree! icon_biggrin.gif

Mathieu Delpierre to Newcastle is one I see a lot, as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everytime. without fail. But I think that is kinda cool- managers would have preset shortlists in real life and this seems to be reflected at the start of the game. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by juve_curr:

It's Déjà vu </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chateux neuf de pape Rodney!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daffyg:

crouch to man city? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would also be influenced by Crouch being on Sven's preferred players list.

The best example I've come across of a manager getting his preferred players to a club was when Joachim Low (current Germany manager) replaced Fergie at ManU and bought Schweinsteiger, Podolski and half the Bayern squad suddenly had the "Wntd" lable!

On mine

<LI>Modric always goes for 3.8m to fiorentina

<LI>Eto'o and Lisandro Lopez to Liverpool

<LI>Mutu, Belluschi, and M. Rodriguez to Arenal

<LI>Robert Pires to Newcastle

EVERY SINGLE TIME! icon_mad.gif

I'll offer Modric three times what fiorentina will (even as a big team like Liverpool, Man U) but he always goes to Fiorentina!

Archived