Game is currently unavailable

You probably just need to verify the game integrity, there's a walk through in the Steam FAQ sticky.

I see this info passed on a lot and I just wondered how many times a user has to do this on average, once, once a day/week/month? I'm just curious as I don't have FM12 and it seems it would be bit of a bind.

Cheers

xxx

I see this info passed on a lot and I just wondered how many times a user has to do this on average, once, once a day/week/month? I'm just curious as I don't have FM12 and it seems it would be bit of a bind.

Cheers

xxx

I think I've done it twice since I got the game on release day.

Never had this error, found this in Steam forum some of which may help those who get it persistently.

After each step, please re-test the issue.

1. Exit and restart Steam
  2. Update All Drivers - including DirectX, PhysX, and Visual C++ as found at the bottom of the guide
  3. Exit Steam and rename the ClientRegistry.blob and restart Steam
  4. Exit Steam and delete everything under the Steam installation directory except Steam.exe, the ClientRegistryOld.blob, and the \SteamApps folder - this will force Steam to update when you log in
  5. Complete the Verifying GCF Cache Files process to repair your game cache files.
  6. This error may be caused by having certain Steam files set to Read Only. To resolve this:
    • Exit Steam.
    • Navigate to the directory where you have installed Steam. (Typically C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files\Valve\.)
    • Right-click on the Steam folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Check the Read-Only checkbox and press Apply.
    • Uncheck the Read-Only checkbox and press Apply.

[*]If this issue is only happening on a third party non-Valve game, please try launching the game's .exe directly from its installation folder: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\<Game Title>. You may also try other .exe's such as Launcher.exe in the game folder to see if a different error message is found.

[*]If the issue persists, it may be caused by a network configuration issue. Please complete theTroubleshooting Network Connectivity guide to further assess the problem.

First time for me to be fair.

I was one of the original and more vocal Steam critics prior to release and have to say i've been won over to a point. Still not overly happy with Steam and episodes like this, even though isolated, are a frustration. It does have positives like auto updating without having to download manually - a massive plus point infact.

Cheers

xxx

I've only had to do it once.

Well, maybe it's me! I cannot even get it to play offline either as I have read there is an option but cannot find the relevant areas despite following the step by step guide! Anyway RRT who are you playing as and how are you doing? is it Stoke per chance?

Cheers

xxx

I have to do it every time there's an update. For some reason on a small minority of people's machines Steam realises there's an update but it doesn't update automatically, so you have to force it to update using the "Verify cache" option. Have no idea why it happens. I get it with Civ 5 as well.

Cheers

xxx

i think i've done it about 2 times with FM. i had to do it twice in quick succession with Deus Ex: Human Revolution when the game decided it would keep crashing when loading a Save.

cheers

xxx

Well, maybe it's me! I cannot even get it to play offline either as I have read there is an option but cannot find the relevant areas despite following the step by step guide! Anyway RRT who are you playing as and how are you doing? is it Stoke per chance?

No, can't play as Stoke at all. I'm a bit too Keegan-esque with a massive heart on my sleeve. Always fail. :D

I'm on a long term game getting Wrexham to the Premier League. Currently top of League One with the smallest wage budget in the league and a team full of 18 year olds!

Archived