reserve matches- semi-control

Without wanting to take total control of the reserve team, there are times when i want a certain player to play in the reserve match, but they dont get picked...........and also i may want a player to get 45mins only (or whatever).

Is there an option now to do this ?

Player is available for 1st team - In the starting 11 - Play for __ minutes only (if applicable)

thanks

I've brought this up a couple of times. The fact that, as manager, you have to take control of the game to control things like where and what role a player plays, what tactics are used, how many minutes a player plays etc is crazy. You should be able to communicate these things to your assistant, particularly if you're trying to get a young player to learn a new position or manage a first teamer back from injury.

Maybe SI can't see the massive upside of what seems like such a small feature, or it might require some tricky programming, whatever the reason it would be worth adding to the game the possibility to leave instructions that will be carried out by your Reserve and Youth team managers.

The ability to semi-pick your reserves (and youth) squads was in FM08 (placing players on the squad would mean they play), so half the request isn't that difficult - the code exists somewhere.

I wonder if it is too difficult to code on a more intricate level?

For example, if I want a re-train by teenage right-back to be able to play left-back too, surely I can tell my assistant I want him playing at left-back in the reserves?

As for players coming back from injury, you can tell an international manager you want him played for only a half in a friendly, so why not reserves? Could expand this to 45, 60 and 75.

I wonder if it is too difficult to code on a more intricate level?

For example, if I want a re-train by teenage right-back to be able to play left-back too, surely I can tell my assistant I want him playing at left-back in the reserves?

As for players coming back from injury, you can tell an international manager you want him played for only a half in a friendly, so why not reserves? Could expand this to 45, 60 and 75.

Agreed, you should at least be able to pick squad and starting tactics. You can set tactics to the same as first team in the "team policy" section but what if you want to use a different tactic? Same should be possible for the youth team also. Hopefully something along these lines will be introduced in FM13.

Archived