No Premier League TV money???

I'm playing 12.2.1 and I've been promoted as Reading, and kind of took a financial risk in going up knowing that I would get the Premier League TV money next season. However, now that I'm in October 2012 and I haven't received ANY TV money, my club is financially f***ed and it's ruining my game! Where's my money???

There was an issue in the original game with Reading as they had an individual TV deal which prevented them from getting the normal Premier League deal. Not sure if it was rectified in 12.2

I read somewhere that this was an issue, but surely it should have been fixed? Or have SI completely screwed this up?

No idea if it has been sorted. There is a thread about it here and it can be fixed if you have FMRTE

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290692-Reading-s-Individual-TV-Deal-means-I-don-t-get-the-Premiership-TV-Money?highlight=Reading

EDIT: Looking in the editor, it looks like it's still set up as a renewable individual TV deal and not as other income.

I've just fired up the editor & it doesn't look good.

As mije1983 has said Reading's financial information on 12.2.0 still has an individual TV deal, what I'm unsure about is whether a line of code was added to override this if Reading get promoted to the Premier League.

Checked the other clubs that suffered from this problem, Darlington's TV deal has been removed but Dundee United's is still in place

You do have the option of starting again after making the change in the standard editor, not ideal as any lost playing time is a pain in the rear end but it's just the single season.

Have to say that I'm surprised this sneaked through on the 12.2.0 database & if I'm honest it be willing to enrage my fellow llama's & use the editor to fix the problem if I have to start a new save game.

Do I have to pay for FMRTE? This is madness, why should I pay for something I don't want/need purely because the game is programmed wrong?

Computer games have always had bugs in them. Champ and FM are no different and due to the nature of how they work they can be be minor or major like this for you. I remember in the old days completing a ton of seasons and suddenly my game would crash and I couldn't get past a certain date.

You are unlucky that by 12.1 or 12.2 you'd expect the problem to be sorted. But you are lucky in at least your problem has a solution. Either start again and edit yourself on the database. Or yes, pay a euro and sort it out on the FMRTE editor. Personally for the time you have invested I'd get the editor. It is worth it

Archived