Huge Discrepancy in Scouts' Expected Wages

In all of my games, I've never hired any Italian scouts, because they all want ridiculous wages ($100,000 per month or more). Not just the world-class ones, but all of them. Meanwhile, the best Brazilian scouts rarely want over $10,000 per month. Is this realistic? Do they just way overpay for scouts in Italy?

I agree the Brazilian scouts in general are a lot cheaper than Italian which could be down to the economy or average wage in the country.

However I don't agree with the fact that all the Italians want crazy salaries. The world class and continental rep ones yes, but I've hired national rep scouts for less than £1000 a week. Maybe it's the rep of your club and they are really saying they don't want to join your club but will if you pay them a stupid amount of money.

What does $100,000 per month translate to in £/w? About £15k/20k? Sounds about right to me, the way I see it, having better scouts stops me from making even more expensive mistakes. Better to pay a scout a high wage than waste £30mil on some 'wonderkid' who never makes it.

What does $100,000 per month translate to in £/w? About £15k/20k? Sounds about right to me, the way I see it, having better scouts stops me from making even more expensive mistakes. Better to pay a scout a high wage than ***** £30mil on some 'wonderkid' who never makes it.

If it's USD, it's about £60k-70k actually

What does $100,000 per month translate to in £/w? About £15k/20k? Sounds about right to me, the way I see it, having better scouts stops me from making even more expensive mistakes. Better to pay a scout a high wage than ***** £30mil on some 'wonderkid' who never makes it.

Completely agree, but I can get a scout with the same or better attributes from Brazil or some other country for 10% of the price.

Here are a few names (all national reputation scouts):

Leonardo Mantovani (Napoli) - wants $36,500 a month (reasonable, but still more expensive than my other scouts by at least $15,000)

Giovanni Rossi (Juventus) - wants $160,000 a month (!)

Daniele Pagano (Chievo) - wants $105,000 a month

Guiseppe Calderoni (Chievo) - wants $105,000 a month.

Every continental and better reputation scout from Italy in my search wants over $100,000. I can post my save, but it isn't specific to this one save -- it's happened in all my games.

I think Mije got it right, it's down to your club's rep

I got 3 italian scouts and they all CHEAP!! :p, the most expensive one cost me 6,250p per week and that's only because an Italian team tried to poach him as an ass-man or something and I had to resign him for that much >.> before he was paid around 1000p too... damn poacher!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594714175150960345/747CCF0AC605FE838057489267A0381EDBD37487/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594714175150960987/A9234AA8DDB18356D983BDE429D1B260CFF75306/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594714175150961572/D0E6024D01CD6BA885F9295D933CBA9AD28770E4/

or it could be that they don't want to leave their club or leave the country if you're a team from abroad?

I'm a scout at Juventus, my family are settled and happy. I have a good wage and standard of living etc

I would forget the Italian scouts & pick another close by nationality (German, French) & train him up to scout Italy for you. The results will be the same.

That's what I've been doing. I just thought I would post here in case there's some kind of bug causing this.

Archived