New to 2012

I played a little bit of 2011 but not enough to be amazing at it.

I'm not sure who I want to play as though. I want a little bit of a challenge, but I don't want a lowest league team or anything. What team would be a decent challenge?

You want a challenge? but not a lower league side? hhmmm!!!!!

Liverpool? :(

PS welcome

Until you're good at tactics, training, morale management, etc.. just about any team will provide some challenge. Look for leagues where there are more than 1 or 2 teams vying for the top though. New players tend not to enjoy leagues dominated by either themselves (as a top team) or by the AI powerhouses. What teams do you know in real life?

Blackpool in the Championship.

You get plenty of cash to spend on new players and you get even more before the next transfer window.

I would recommend them for people looking to get into FM if they have never played the series before or played it a little.

Gives you a bit of a challenge while not forcing you to scour for hours on end for the good free player ;)

Blackpool in the Championship.

You get plenty of cash to spend on new players and you get even more before the next transfer window.

I would recommend them for people looking to get into FM if they have never played the series before or played it a little.

Gives you a bit of a challenge while not forcing you to scour for hours on end for the good free player ;)

I like the sound of that :] thanks!

I like the sound of that :] thanks!

No problem.

A bit of a tip if you are looking to buy a few players in the 1st window.

When bidding for a new player use the option to pay over 48 months,that way you only have to pay a quarter upfront from your transfer budget.

Liverpool might be goood..

@Smac - I know a good bit..Manu, City, liverp, chelsea, everton, wolves, barca, realmad, porto, dortmund, bayern, inter, milan, lazio, napoli, roma, schalke, hannover, bilboa, valencia, and some MLS teams

That's a good breadth of knowledge. You'll do fine. I too would recommend a team in the Championship, or maybe a mid-table Bundesliga team? Italy can be confining with the lack of reserve teams. Spain can take some getting used to with B-teams (as handled by FM) and quite a variety of tactics employed. Any of those teams or leagues would be fine though. Man City could be a fun first team to try as long as you do well, but it may be in fact easier to go with mid-table or Championship in terms of not having too many expectations put on you.

Also, would recommend you start with Ex-international reputation so that your players take you seriously in team talks / tactics, especially if you go to a top-flight league.

Archived