Can i have a NORMAL game without an injury or red card please? 2.0.

Version 12.2.2 and still this problem/bug or whatever. Always a severe injury or red card for a tackle with both feet (this is not real) I hope this is the last time i'm gonna say this but...fix it or give my money back SI. Thanks.

Version 12.2.2 and still this problem/bug or whatever. Always a severe injury or red card for a tackle with both feet (this is not real) I hope this is the last time i'm gonna say this but...fix it or give my money back SI. Thanks.

Two footed tackles should ALWAYS be a red card offense imo, as there is a chance that there could be a serious injury, and I consider them a cowards tackle.

Two footed tackles should ALWAYS be a red card offense imo, as there is a chance that there could be a serious injury, and I consider them a cowards tackle.

haha ^^^^^ I do agree there. So really this thread is complaning about a rule in football? Write a letter to the FA?

I think he is complaining about that it happens too often.

I don't aggree though. Injuries and severe tackles do happen in real life as often as they do in FM. It's just in previous versions injuries used to be very few, people got used to it and now they complain.

haha ^^^^^ I do agree there. So really this thread is complaning about a rule in football? Write a letter to the FA?

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I'm afraid your both wrong, going by the rule stated above a player can go in with both feet, and as long as the ref deems no excessive force is used and the opposition player's safety hasn't been endangered the tackle would be perfectly legitimate and yes I do realise that making that type of tackle and it not being deemed as dangerous to the opponent (with the nanny state mentality of modern football refereeing) is highly unlikely it is still technically possible.

Besides, those two-foot dangerous tackles are NOT "tackles" per se. Those are events that replace violence in football matches which SI don't want to include in the game for legal reasons. They are caused by bad Temperament, Sportsmanship and Dirtiness hidden attributes. I don't think high Aggression influences the occurence of these incidents.

Besides, those two-foot dangerous tackles are NOT "tackles" per se. Those are events that replace violence in football matches which SI don't want to include in the game for legal reasons. They are caused by bad Temperament, Sportsmanship and Dirtiness hidden attributes. I don't think high Aggression influences the occurence of these incidents.

That's really the important point- those types of dirty plays are either called 2 footed tackles, or they go unlabeled (as unspecified "vicious fouls") so we can use our imagination ;)

There are no 'legal' reasons not to include the real thing. Everything that happens in this game is random.

I think it can, in a player with the other necessary bad attributes high Aggression will see him more involved, thus giving him more opportunities to maim.

I think these comments whilst interesting, are not addressing the OP's concern. The red cards, injuries, occur far too often.

I haave to say I get a large number of both yellow cards & injuries, but not enough to call it a bug. My red card production is not so pronounced. If I was to ask for a "general" reduction from FM it would be for those very serious injuries (more than 2 months out) which happen to my lot often.

Of course Aggression influences dirty/dangerous challenges...

Not necessarily in terms of making the player more violent.

Aggression

This reflects a player’s attitude in terms of playing mentality but is not necessarily a dirtiness indicator. A more aggressive player will look to involve himself in every incident and get stuck in, perhaps at the expense of a yellow card or two. A less aggressive player may shy away from situations and merely drop into his comfort zone.

http://www.footballmanager.com/webmanual/fm2012/11.2.

EDIT; Sorry OP for continuing off topic.

I think these comments whilst interesting, are not addressing the OP's concern. The red cards, injuries, occur far too often.

I haave to say I get a large number of both yellow cards & injuries, but not enough to call it a bug. My red card production is not so pronounced. If I was to ask for a "general" reduction from FM it would be for those very serious injuries (more than 2 months out) which happen to my lot often.

Agreed on the injuries, though red cards aren't too unrealistic (still more than I had in FM10/FM11 though). You cannot go through a game without at least one player (AI or human-controlled) limping off, getting a green injury or being forced into a substitution by a serious injury. Happens far too often in FM12, and to rub salt in the wound (excuse the pun) players rarely get booked/sent off for causing a forced substitution - if in real life a player broke someone else's leg it would be an immediate red card (De Jong/Shawcross), though this never happens in game. This is the only thing in FM that really enrages me.

No they are definitely just "tackles". If you look through the events.cfg file you'd see that fights and referee brawls are still very much in the game.

No they are definitely just "tackles". If you look through the events.cfg file you'd see that fights and referee brawls are still very much in the game.

I thought those only applied to regens? Even so, I've never seen them. Is it not possible that they're listed in events.cfg but never called?

Rather than just using one game as an example, I checked my entire season as I have just finished. We played 52 games in all competitions with 2 red cards and 15 injuries. My opposition had 1 red card and 12 injuries. Whilst a small sample size it is still bigger than most in this thread, and much less than I would expect.

In more than half my games, neither team had any injury or red card, and in only one game did either team have 2 injuries. In no game were more than two players in total forced off from both teams for any reason.

If anything, seems like too little to me, which matches the soak tests which show slightly too few injuries.

I thought those only applied to regens? Even so, I've never seen them. Is it not possible that they're listed in events.cfg but never called?

They are still called upon in the handheld version of the game so I imagine that they can still be called in the PC version. However I'm not sure if they only apply to regens because I'm certain that it doesn't happen very often...

Archived