How to remove the small yellow dot after you save an inbox message as a note?

This annoys me as well. Admittedly it's a minor irritant, but it is annoying to see several yellow dots on screen when I look at my squad list.

There needs to be an option to turn it off.

• 2 months later...

These yellow dots are the single most annoying feature of FM12. It's not a minor irritant, it destroys the whole graphic experience of the game. In practice it means I just don't use the notes system anymore, something which makes the game much more cumbersome to navigate. It is still better than yellow dots all over the screen.

I really don't see the use of this feature at all, and I should like to know the developers' reasoning for adding it to the game.

I hope they will be gone for FM13! :)

After matches I often make some notes about how the opposition played, their tactics, which players to look out for, etc. This way I am better prepered when I meet them again later in the season. I also use notes to remind me to comment on players I am interested in.

EDIT: I also use notes to save certain media stories about some players, to remind me how the react to different types of comments.

EDIT2: Or rather: I did use notes for these purposes in the past.

I like the yellow dot.

I make notes about what coaches I don't want to keep. When contract renewals come up I see the yellow dot and don't offer them a contract.

I'll make a note about a player I subscribe to, so it's clearer in the News items when they are mentioned, especially about contracts.

They could just put an option in the Create Note screen to have "visual indicator [ ]" and then you can pick and choose which notes have the symbol.

The yellow dots can also be very useful. I save a note for every youth player who started at my club. So I can handle them with priority when selecting the squad/planning the new season etc. Also, I will recognize former youth players who now play at a different club at first glance.

Archived