When starting a new game, is there anyway of making the game a bit more random....

every single new game i start, it's always Dennis Wise takes over England under 20s. Juventus get taken over at board level. Man City sign either Danny or Ganso. Does anyone else have this happen on their new games ?

Dennis Wise, yes. The other 2, no.

The under 20 appointment happens as I don't believe there is a specific manager IRL, so it is vacant in FM, but Brian Eastick seems to take charge for the few games they play (the last game the under 20's played was August 2011 at the World Cup). He is down as a coach on FM so you could probably go into the editor and change him so there isn't a vacancy anymore.

Often when starting a new save, I let the game holiday the first season. Then I retire the holidaying unemployed manager and enter the club of my choice. It's not going to change nothing about Dennis Wise, but for the rest it's always unique way to start a save.

Before the update Danny signed for City on every game I played. Ganso tended to stay at Santos though. Wish there was a way where the same players didn't always become stars. Makes the game boring when you know how the best value signings are. Would be more fun if it was a little more random. Guess the only way to do this would be not using real players but then you'd lose the reality from the game.

You could try using the fake players option, that would certainly make your game random.

Although the players arent really fake; they are just given new names and slightly randomized. It would be fun to have totally fake players created for each team based on their reputation and preferred formation.

Run a long term save is the simple answer. The game is a lot more fun when you start getting good regens popping up and you get players doing a lot better than you would of thought at the start.

Exactly.

In 2022 and loving it!!

Archived