Should my team have a better rep?

IN my 3rd season in Serie 'A', just finished 11th with Gubbio. My team rating is still just above Serie 'C' teams. What do I have to do to get it better? I still struggle to attract any players! Take a look at the pics, all help is welcome!

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=6cc7x6z94016fv5 - Domestic League History

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4nse0saptm47y3q - Club Facilities

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?dvvpzmapcho8v2s - Clubs List

I feel I should have a National Rep by now.

From the looks of things your rating is correct. You have a tiny little stadium that you don't even own and have to rent. You are managing a club with no history of success and no real fan base. It's not like you've gone up with a once great club or even one with a big stadium in a big city. In Italian football throughout history small clubs have gone up for short periods of time and then disappeared pretty much. Probably more than in other major leagues. After 4-5 seasons in Serie A if you have your own stadium and a little success you should probably have a rep similar to those of the biggest Serie B clubs and smallest Serie A clubs. IRL you would never be as respected as clubs like Livorno, Verona Foggia overnight, especially after coming up from such a low level. It takes time like anything. Be patient and then things will change. Remember Italian football isn't like English football where most small, promoted clubs have new stadia and where TV money makes everyone instantly rich. Just look at the likes of Cesena or Novara. Their situations are very different to the likes of QPR or Swansea in the Premiership.

I didn't think the Stadia had anything to do with rep? I do see your point though. I thought with this new rep thing in the game it would have improved. I have players turning me down for very average Serie 'B' teams when I'm a Mid-Table Serie 'A' team progressing all the time. My facilities are decent. How do you know I don't own my stadium? I'm paying money every year to get it larger. Should I be doing that if it's rented? It doesn't say it's rented in my facilities.

Ask the board to build you a new one. Almost no chance that you can afford it as an Italian club but could be worth a shot lol. Your only chance is probably 2-3 successive Champions League qualifications and not spending the prize and tv money :D

Which is a serious struggle considering the type of players I can attract. Really relying on youth so hoping they can come to fruition over the next two seasons and lead me to some success! Will see what the board say, but, it's extremely doubtful!

Good thing about youth is that your team will improve year on year without you having to buy anyone. I have that issue too although my squad is obviously better because I'm a bigger club. I'm playing as Dortmund and have a smaller budget than the other top German clubs although you inherit a really talented, young squad. Am in season two now surviving with the original squad plus loan signings and young kids my scouts managed to find. Apart from Reus who is arranged before you start the game my biggest transfers are an 18 year old striker and a 17 year old centre half both of whom cost in the £3m range. It's probably a bit more than you have to spend but my job is really hard because I have to challenge for the title or get fired. Both kids have done really well and should become world class hopefully. Good thing is that if your team is young your players should develop well and you can sell them at a profit before the next round of youngsters come through your youth teams. Think it's the only way to improve this type of squad for sure because the established players who are interested are too expensive and don't have the potential to improve my squad.

Good work Niebiescy! I also find that if you can bring youth through, it's more rewarding! You have more pressure from your board and fans, mine are very easily pleased as they have very low expectations!

From the looks of things your rating is correct. You have a tiny little stadium that you don't even own and have to rent. You are managing a club with no history of success and no real fan base. It's not like you've gone up with a once great club or even one with a big stadium in a big city. In Italian football throughout history small clubs have gone up for short periods of time and then disappeared pretty much. Probably more than in other major leagues. After 4-5 seasons in Serie A if you have your own stadium and a little success you should probably have a rep similar to those of the biggest Serie B clubs and smallest Serie A clubs. IRL you would never be as respected as clubs like Livorno, Verona Foggia overnight, especially after coming up from such a low level. It takes time like anything. Be patient and then things will change. Remember Italian football isn't like English football where most small, promoted clubs have new stadia and where TV money makes everyone instantly rich. Just look at the likes of Cesena or Novara. Their situations are very different to the likes of QPR or Swansea in the Premiership.
Cesena and Novara would be more reputable than most Serie B teams, though - which is not the case for the OP.

In my opinion club reputation doesn't work. In a save of mine I've (Brøndby) won the league 10 years in a row, 8/9 times the cup and 1 champions league. I've got the largest stadium, top training facilities, world class players. Yet my club is only second in rep to a club (FC København) who has only merited 2 league wins and terrible efforts in Europe. Also my club is worth 5 times more. I'm only beaten in sponsorship deals. It just doesn't add up :confused:

And about my OP, I still believe I should have a National reputation, not regional!

I believe that you need to be in Serie A for a few years at least before your rep starts to catch up because you took a very low rep team that no one has heard of through the divisions very quickly.

I believe that for now you need to keep yourself in the top division and aim to win the italian cup and also try to qualify for the Europa League as these will increase the rep a bit.

I hear you chob, but, if you are not known Nationally after being in the top division after 3 years that is something I find very unusual.
If anything, the speed at which the OP flew up the leagues would make him and the team well-known!

Archived