Bleeding money in lower leagues

Helo,

is it just me or is it impossible to get some kind of positive turnover at the end of a month if you play in a lower or bad league?

iam in the year 2031 in poland first league, my places in the last 10 years were 5. 3. 2. 7. 4. 2. 5. 2. 7. 9. and my board did one stadion expansion from 5500 to 8549 after one season of only sellouts

now i have around 7000++ fans every game, and i was hoping it has some kind of positive effect on my balance, but not really..

i make a minus of roughly -150k a month, which is mostly of wages, but my wages are relativly tight... "only" spending 40k/week which is midfield for the league

after trying to build a team for 2-3 years i fell down a whole of like -4million in balance so the club took a loan but my wage budget dropped massivly, so i sold like 4-5 key players of my squad to get my bugdet back running etc...

shouldnt this get patched or something? so annoying never make monthly profit :(

Just enjoy the challenge mate. Without the challange where is the fun?

Sell your better players that cost you more money and try to replace them with young talents. That's what those teams (like the one you're managing) do in real life too.

Or go to DB and make your club rich.

well ever heard of any polish clubs selling talented players?

in the last 10 years i can maybe name 5 polish players that made it out of the country.. and the only way to keep your club running is to get talented foreign players and sell them later on.. because not one good polish player will even consider talking to you (not even from team of the second divison which is just ridicioulus) or you have to pay some kind of ridicoulus compansation fine if you are indeed able to sign him

bottom line the league and how it works is completly unrealistic

I have never managed to get steady profits myself in lower leagues, except when selling a player (which is a rare occurence).

Chairmen are likely to have low financial attributes in lower divisions, making it even harder for the club to profit without your help winning and selling. Sadly, many clubs will also have a lot of highly paid players from the outset of the came that are contracted for several years.

• 3 weeks later...

One good way to earn profits in lower leagues is through friendlies. Organize as many friendlies as possible against foreign teams during the off-season, and you can easily rake in at least $10k to $20k per match. There was even one match which gave me a cool $100k.

There is little to no profitability in the lower levels unless you live within your means. The board won't necessarily force you to live within your means. 40k a week is still a 2 million a year wage budget, that's a lot of money which most clubs just can't sustain profitably.

My tip having played a lot of lower league is to switch from weekly to yearly wage display.

Trust me, when you see a player shown as getting £40,000 a year instead of £770 a week you suddenly start to see the bigger picture better. Sure, the wage budget itself will adjust between the weekly/monthly/yearly, but you can see better how the wage budget corresponds to the actual clubs finances.

Oh, and pre-season friendly tournaments with high rep opposition played by dozens of trialists.

Archived