SI & Steam, leave my career games alone!

Let's be clear, I have no problems with Steam, had it before FM, with counter strike, but I am absolutely jacked off with your unannounced updates ruining my long term save games.

For the third time now I have to start a new game, as you have decided to update my files and over write changes I had made to the game. Nations of players are blanked out again, competition names defaulted.

If you want to do something useful, get to work on the manager AI for FM13, and leave my game alone.

Over 60 hours you've wasted now, changing files on my computer, think I have every right to be fed up!

As has been said often on the forums, set your steam account to offline mode and the game will only ever be updated if you choose to go back online.

Unfortunately that is not always an option if you play other games on Steam. The idea that even if you switch off the automated updating, the game still updates is very silly.

I am not complaining since I have the automatic updates enabled, but I can understand the frustration of the ones who do.

Archived