Pure Financial Mismanagement

I am playing a career game that has taken me from the depths of the conference to the heights of the premier league. I have always taken advantage paying transfer fees over 48 months in order to maximise my transfer budget and with my previous 4 clubs have never suffered any major financial problems. So my problem is 3 seasons ago i took over at Liverpool who at the time were a mid table team with the target of prem/CL glory. After finishing 4th and 2nd I am now 1st in December. However, after following my previous transfer tactic of spreading transfer costs over 4 years I am now £104 MILLION (!!!!) in debt and leaking about 10 mil/month.

I seem to be showing no sign of going into administration and my chairman is not going over my head to accept the numerous transfer offers for my stars. There is no reports of 'financial turmoil at Liverpool' in my news items and no restructuring of clubs finances. I am even under my wage budget and have transfer funds available.

How can i be so far in debt yet still seemingly stable? Is there a certain debt threshold i must cross? With any of my former teams I would be in administration and probably sacked by now. Is it that Liverpool are such a big club that they can carry these debts without any problems?

Anyone else been in a similar scenario? Or anyone with any idea of a likely outcome?

yea that happens, with blackpool i only make a profit now through the season because of prize money, hell wages are in my allowed limit, lack of sponsorship deals are a killer, especially when you consider i just got 115 million profit as man utd at seasons end, blackpool i was getting 30-50million

If you have a transfer window then try to sell a couple before the end of the season but only if you think you can replace easily in the summer. Also maybe loan out one or two on 100% wages. I would personally try to address that debt immediately rather than wait and see what happens. The problem here is the chairman has allowed this in the first place.

It's pretty much impossible to destroy a club through debt, I tried it a couple of times for interest's sake.

However stupid the amount becomes, the board will always eventually "restructure the debt" or make investments into the club. Either way, massive amounts of debt just disappear.

The worst that can possibly happen is administration (no idea exactly what triggers it though, obviously you haven't), whereby you lose points, and very, very occasionally a big name player might suddenly undergo forced mutual termination and become a free agent without your involvement.

Archived