Player wants loan, refuses to go

So I have a young player who's a really good prospect and I want to keep him, but he's not quite good enough for the first team yet. He comes to me complaining that I'm not playing him, so I tell him I'll let him go out on loan, he seems happy, and a few clubs want to take him, but he refuses to go to any of them.

They're not tiny clubs either, Reggina among others are interested and although they're in Serie B they're not exactly nobodies.

So after refusing any loan he's offered he complains that I'm not trying hard enough to find him a loan club. What can I do in this situation? This seems like a bug.

Did you loan him previously?

If you did then that could be the problem. A player goes to a club one season, and then the next season the only clubs interested have a lower reputation, he is very loath to go, especially if he was playing regularly for the first loan club.

It's a bit of a hazard, and something I'd like incorporated into private chats, that you could persuade a reluctant loanee to go out to a club he thinks is too low for him.

Edit: If it's in 2012 sorry for bringing it up. I skipped the game, half afraid that SI would go down the endless DLC route with the game.

Archived